This Page

has been moved to new address

breathless for jean seberg (and a guest post)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: breathless for jean seberg (and a guest post)

06 December 2010

breathless for jean seberg (and a guest post)






Christy Turlington by Ellen von Unweth for US Vogue, October 1990


Readers of SHE who saw my Friday Fame: Jean Seberg post recently will already know that I cite Jean's fabulous character in the classic 1960 French film, À bout de souffle as one of my favorite on-screen style icons. Needless to say, a recreation of the film's most famous scenes through fashion photography is just the thing for me. I've seen bits of this photoshoot over time, but last night I finally found the full set! From Us Vogue all the way back in '90, Christy Turlington plays Jean Seberg's Patricia while Stéphane Ferrara recreates Jean-Paul Belmondo's Michel. I can't believe this set is twenty years old. Where does the time go? This is such a fun tribute, and so wonderfully achieved; Christy and Stéphane captured both the actors and the characters so well, and Ellen von Unwerth recreated the intricately lazy vibe of Godard's first film with vigor. Some of my favorite moments from À bout de souffle are captured here. I wouldn't mind going back in time to 1990 and snagging a copy of this issue - and then going further still to 1960 to see this film in all its original glory!

If you're not familiar with the beautiful Jean Seberg, you can read a bit more about her style as Patricia in my post at SHE. And if you've never seen À bout de souffle - well, I hope seeing this shoot has inspired you to check it out.

image credit: faking fashion



I was invited by the lovely Kirstin of Crimson Rosella to write a guest post during her absence! I was honored to contribute to her amazing blog. I wrote a small feature about a resort town in Michigan - Mackinac Island - and how it transforms into a quaint little village during the holidays. I hope you'll check it out and be sure to follow Kirstin's blog! She has the most adorable outfits and she'll prove to be a bright ray of sunshine in your blogroll. There are also lots of guest posts from other amazing girls coming up, so watch for those!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

You gotta love the effortless chicness that she's pulling off! Just magic!
xx tash

 
At December 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

LOVE that style!! Thanks for sharing, I now want to see the movie.
xoxo

 
At December 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

ahhh short hair/long hair short hair/long hair?...that is the question.
she is beautiful, in the way only ellen von unwerth can make women seem. effortless, playful and classy. love this.
off to check of your blog post!

 
At December 6, 2010 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I'll be sure to read the post :)

 
At December 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Jen said...

So chic and timeless, and wow she was (is) so beautiful. Congrats on your guest post as well!

Have a lovely day Casee!
Jen

 
At December 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

Thanks for the shout out my dear! I am so glad it all published smoothly:)
Thanks again for writing it!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

I feel ashamed that I am not all that familiar with Jean Seberg. I think I have some netflixing to do... she is absolutely stunning, and that tribute/photoshoot is striking. Thanks for sharing!

I also checked out your guest post. Being an Ohioan I actually have heard of Mackinac Island, but I've never had the opportunity to visit. One day!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

These photos are incredibly gorgeous!! I'm going to check out the guest post you did. :)

 
At December 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Britta Kirk said...

You're short feature on the resort town is so magical! It's lovely!

 
At December 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

I literally just watched this movie in one of my classes at school. As soon as I saw her, I fell in love with her charm and beauty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home