This Page

has been moved to new address

for the love of frankie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: for the love of frankie

18 November 2010

for the love of frankie























A peak through Frankie Magazine, Issue #28 (March/April 2009). I bought this issue on eBay and it arrived yesterday - my very first issue of Frankie! I love it so much. It's incredibly fun to flip through a magazine and see names like Greg Kurstin (of The Bird and the Bee), Ben Kweller, Ben Lee and Josh Pyke. These are all musicians that I've known and loved for years, but somehow (aside from, say, a TV promo for Grey's Anatomy) they just don't seem to be talked about in the States. It also has lots of beautiful illustrations by Sarah McNeil (flickr, blog), whose work I also adore - including a pull-out poster which will certainly be making my walls a little more whimsical very soon. And of course there's the little bit on Audrey, which is one of the reasons I wanted this particular back issue. It's really for the reader who happens to be uneducated in Audrey Hepburn films, but it's still a charming little bit and the artwork is completely adorable!

If you didn't already know, Frankie is a bi-monthly Australian magazine dedicated to fashion, art, photography, music, crafts, culture and all things vintage. Learn more about it at frankie.com.au.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At November 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi sweetie, I didn`t know about Frankie, but it looks like a wonderful mag! Such beautiful pics, and Audrey, adorable. Thanks for sharing, love! hope your week was a good one! <3 Anika

 
At November 18, 2010 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so lovely indeed! and a feature and wonderful illustration of Audrey, a must buy! xoxo

 
At November 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

Eek! This makes me want to subscribe to this magazine evn more! So lovely!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

Oh my goodness! Love this! Am going out to buy right now
xo tash

 
At November 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Super cute! I adore the Audrey page and the page with the darling animal sketches. So excited you won this! :)

 
At November 18, 2010 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

I love Frankie here! It is so cool being able to see unique outfits, illustrations, blogs and etsy sellers in the magazine!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so cute! I adore the Audrey illustration of course, and the little animal ones :)

 
At November 19, 2010 at 2:27 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Love the look of this magazine! The Audrey illustration in the floral dress is so cute (and amazing!). It also blends right in to the aesthetic of your blog!

Have a lovely weekend Casee! Thank you for always being the sweetest blogger!
Jen

 
At November 19, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Blogger Magdalena said...

beautiful delicate and inspiring:)

 
At November 19, 2010 at 9:19 AM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

that audrey illustration is just perfect! i love frankie.

 
At November 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girly! I am loving the layout of your blog! It is so girly and fun, just like me! LOL
I have never heard of this mag before so I am loving this post! I would most DEF be interested in the Audrey Hepburn content as well as she is one of my FAVS in all my oldie fashion icons!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

XX

 
At November 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

SUCH a pretty magazine! I follow their blog but I've never bought a magazine. This post is making me want to!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home