This Page

has been moved to new address

john galliano for ladurée

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: john galliano for ladurée

07 November 2010

john galliano for ladurée



Be still my beating heart, if this is not a collaboration of truly epic proportions! (I'm feeling compelled to punctuate every sentence in this post with an exclamation point, but I'll do my best to contain my excitement.) The unstoppably fabulous John Galliano has created a limited edition collection of macarons for the perhaps equally fabulous Ladurée pâtisserie. The collection, which is available this month, is in celebration of Galliano's latest fragrance, Parlez-Moi d’Amour. The macarons come in flavors of rose and ginger which, I can only imagine, bares a similarity to the perfume. Ladurée locales in Paris, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Italy, Japan and Monte Carlo will all be selling them - for a limited time, of course.

As if the petite French confectioneries weren't perfect enough on their own, they can now add Galliano's name to their ever-growing list of affiliates, right beside Christian Louboutin and Sofia Coppola. This really must be the most fashionable cookie to ever exist.

I just had to take a break from my NaNo-ing to share this, and now it's back to noveling my little heart out. I'm trudging towards 20,000 words! I'd really like to reach that goal by the end of the day as well as (finally) respond to a bunch of comments and e-mails (sorry for the delay). Of course, the brilliance of Galliano meeting Ladurée has not made for a particularly productive Casee Marie. Although it makes me a bit sad that one of my favorite designers has collaborated with my most dreamed-of pâtisserie to create a special version of the cookie I've been madly desiring to taste for the past two years (unhealthy obsession, anyone?) and I'm stuck smack-dab in the middle of the States with positively no way to take part, the fact that it happened rather outweighs all that. And now, let the daydreams of Paris continue!

Labels:

15 Comments:

At November 7, 2010 at 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

just the cutest..need to fly to Paris now! hehe xoxo

 
At November 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

ooo, they have a Laudree i Picadilly and I've been dying to splurge. I need to save up some money because they're rather expensive!

 
At November 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an epic collaboration! Aw, I wish I didn't live in California right now! lol

I hope you reach your goal of 20,000 words today! Good luck :)

 
At November 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you know...i see all of these beautiful photos of macaroons and i've never had one before! this post really makes me want one now! haha

 
At November 8, 2010 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow this post!I love your blog...my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you want...follow me!I wait you and your tips!kiss kiss ^^

 
At November 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Chiara said...

Sounds fabulous!! (followed by exclamation marks!)
xoxo
www.joiedevivre-chiara.blogspot.com

 
At November 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Mademoiselle Deva said...

wow! that looks amazing!

 
At November 8, 2010 at 8:16 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

food and fashion, the two greatest loves!

 
At November 8, 2010 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Oh my goodness! I think I'll faint now...

 
At November 8, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger smatterings said...

ugh why is there not an laduree in NYC?!

 
At November 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

Reallllly? Love love love it!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Oh dear!!! What can I say??? Galliano + Ladurée = BEAUTY OVERLOAD! The flavor sounds so yummy and the perfume must be equally delicious. I'm partial to anything Galliano does, he's a freakin' genius...As for macarons, I had one bad experience when I first tried them, but I'm almost sure that the 'real thing' (i.e. Ladurée macarons) must be exquisite!
Thanks for sharing this gorgeous!! XOX B. ;)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 11:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

 
At November 12, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

....and here we go. I just finished commenting on the fact that I am seriously craving some macaroons, and now I see this.

Shoot me now.

 
At December 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home