This Page

has been moved to new address

the princess diary

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: the princess diary

15 November 2010

the princess diary







Edita Vikeviciute by Walter Pfieffer for Vogue China January 2010


One of the great things about the internet is the way it gives us access to media and culture from all over the world. I'm so tremendously glad for it, because I'm convinced that Vogue China has the most spectacular, glamorous and decadent editorials in existence. Back in August I raved about Liu Wen's shoot by Paolo Roversi and now I'm here again with Walter Pfieffer's stunning piece, featuring Edita Vikeviciute. Nothing in this shoot seems to be overlooked. The clothes are phenomenal, but I have to say that what I'm loving the most are the settings. Those massive damask wallpapers and the floral print carpets! The way those elements work with the clothes rather than overpowering them is true art. I really want to live in these photographs.

image credit: fakingfashion

Labels:

10 Comments:

At November 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

These are stunning! You always post the most inspiring and lovely things. <3

 
At November 15, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Wow, these are just breathtaking and totally fun! Which website do you go to to keep up-to-date with their magazines?

 
At November 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

These are so inspiring to me, totally where I would love to be with my style right now: ornate and unique. Ah, beautiful!

 
At November 16, 2010 at 3:29 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

vogue china again, huh? so beautiful and decadent, i love each and every one of them.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 2:33 AM , Blogger muchlove said...

Oh this editorial is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :D

No problem about the late feedback! I appreciate it just as much, and I adore the blog post you did. Thank you! :) I'm loving the Sophie Dahl book.. I can't believe I never knew about it before. The style is so unusual and fun. I'm going to read her other book, Playing With the Grown Ups, next :)

 
At November 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM , Anonymous sweet said...

aww love the photos and the magazine spread is really amazing!!!

i really love the color and the dresses...

so beautiful...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At November 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

Fantastic dresses! *le sigh*

 
At November 18, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Ashleigh said...

Couldn't agree more, lately I'm addicted to Vogue Russia!
These are spectacular - the colors and textures make my heart beat fast, I'm a sucker for divine fabrics and this has gorgeous wallpaper, curtains & carpet too - almost too much to handle...almost :)

 
At November 18, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Ashleigh said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 19, 2010 at 4:37 AM , Blogger Magdalena said...

incredibly beautiful session ... elements of folk, intensity of color .... glamorous model .... some Russian influence ... ideal and amazing:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home