This Page

has been moved to new address

wishpot wednesday: if i were a rich girl...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: wishpot wednesday: if i were a rich girl...

10 November 2010

wishpot wednesday: if i were a rich girl...

I'm not by nature particularly starry-eyed when it comes to fashion; I'm a full-blown Maxxinista, to be sure, but I attribute that to my old-fashioned love of quality rather than a desire for designer brands. I have my favorites, of course, and there is a thrill to happening across an Anna Sui top or a BCBG dress, but I'm just as happy finding something by a label I don't know. However. I'm not immune to the luxe draw of high fashion, and there are a few icon pieces I've fallen rather ardently in love with...


Mulberry Alexa Leather Bag, $1,150; net-a-porter

This bag. Oh, this bag. It's not traditionally my style, and I don't even consider its namesake (English It-Girl Alexa Chung) to be a particular style icon of mine, but there is just something about this bag! It's somehow vintage and bohemian simultaneously. It's at once structured and slouchy. I love the shape, I love the accents. I just can't get enough of it, and I can't help but be my traditional self and desire the most iconic version of it, which is of course the oak shade. I wear mostly black and shades of gray, but the Alexa just looks like it was made for this color, doesn't it? I've seen a few people who have found the bag for a steal on eBay, but I'm not a particularly experienced eBayer and I don't have the easiest time telling the real ones from the replicas. Sigh.


Christian Louboutin Décolleté 100 Jazz Pumps $595; net-a-porter

Call me a hopeless romantic (because I am), but my life somehow won't be complete until I've worn a pair of black Louboutin pumps. This shoe, in my very Carrie Bradshaw-esque opinion, is a completely relevant investment of almost six hundred dollars. If you're the sort of person who has six hundred dollars to invest. In shoes. But really, I don't have a singular interest in being Rachel Zoe or Victoria Beckham and having a collection of Birkin bags (VB apparently has over 100 - Posh Spice indeed). I simply want one pair of classic Louboutins that I can have forever. I think that's a pretty healthy viewpoint as shoe fetishes go. Realistic, for an unemployed, unpublished novelista? Of course not. But it could certainly be worse!



A Fabulous Fantasy Lip Kit $22.50; MAC Cosmetics
Dashing Lassie Eye Shadows $36; MAC Cosmetics

Readers of SHE will already know of my love for these palettes from MAC's Tartan Tale holiday collection.  I'm a big fan of MAC (though I do think I've been spoiled by the baked eye shadows from Urban Decay; can nothing be more perfect?) and the holiday collections are the best time to get great sets at comparatively decent prices. I'm craving the fabulous smokey eye that would come from that second palette and the either nude or dramatic lips from the first. Gimme!

I hope you've all enjoyed this foray into my fashion daydreams. What have you been wishing for lately?

_______________________________

Wishpot.com is an easy-to-use site that lets you create an online wishlist from products you find all over the web. A button added on to your browser lets you add to your Wishpot as you shop. Check it out, and feel free to add me as a friend!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At November 10, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mostly wear grays and blacks too, but that Alexa bag in oak is so gorgeous! And the Louboutins! I just want one pair. That's it. But like you...I'm unemployed and unpublished! :)

I really want a pink Miu Miu bag.

 
At November 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great taste; I love all of this, especially the Alexa. Ohhh what a bag. I will own it one day. I will! x

 
At November 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Britta Kirk said...

that alexa bag is a staple now!

 
At November 10, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

I love you for posting about this bag. This is the exact color that I want. Will you mind if I drool for a tiny bit? :D

I've never tried any MAC products! I know, I know. I just never have any time to make it over to Macy's to ask what looks good on me. But this are adorable and may have convinced to me to scoot my behind over there. :)

 
At November 10, 2010 at 6:07 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

this bag is so beautiful, i tend to fall in love with exactly these type of bags and i have clone versions...(i prefer this color to any other, i love brownish, carrier type bags and i wish they would go with everything).
but...i am a mad, 'say no to leather' lady and i will wait for aldo to make a non-leather knock-off.
i don't get ebay either...i mean should bidding really be allowed in the 21st century....probably, but i dont get it.
i love both the artists you introduced me to (esp. the one man band), lately all i want to do is listen to new music.

 
At November 10, 2010 at 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bag is lovely and so classic looking. The nice thing too is that it would go with literally everything! Too bad it's so expensive... :(

I also love those makeup palettes by MAC. Also very classic!

P.S.
I adore your blog! <333 ;D

 
At November 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I love the bag, and the style reminds me of my designer bag from London. The color is super cute!

The heels, are of course, to die for. The color of the black looks so rich.

I saw the Tartan Tale from MAC in JCPenney yesterday. There are some beautiful shades!

Gorgeous post :)

 
At November 11, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

Oh.... sigh.... I've had my eye on the Mulberry bag for some time now... boy oh boy how chic :) Here's to one day being rich girls :)
xo tash

 
At November 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

You know I love all things net-a-porter (even though my bank account certainly does not). That Alexa bag is just perfect. Great choice.

As for those MAC palettes, two of my favorite things combined: Scotland and MAC makeup. I don't usually buy their palettes (but I do wear the makeup) but I may have to make an exception for these. Even the brush collections are cute!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

It would be so lovely to be able to walk into a store and just grab everything that catches your eye... hehe.

I looooooove that bag!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home