This Page

has been moved to new address

hitchcock, pink martini and weekend reads

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: hitchcock, pink martini and weekend reads

12 November 2010

hitchcock, pink martini and weekend reads




Pink Martini is a twelve-piece band from Portland that rather defies classification. Wikipedia says, "They draw inspiration from music from all over the world – crossing genres of classical, jazz and old-fashioned pop." That's the most accurate description I can imagine. They're incredibly fun and delightful and perfect for when you're spending a cozy Friday night in, like I am tonight. I'm crazy about the vocals of leading lady China Forbes, and this particular song - "Hey, Eugene" - is inspired by a true and not-so-romantic story that happened to her. It's a rather odd little song, but I adore it. I think you can't help but instantly start dancing along to it, just a little bit.

The image - which strikes me as being particularly worthy of Dorothy Parker - is from the 1928 Alfred Hitchcock silent film, Champagne. Visit Hitchcock Wiki for the full set! And now, on to the weekly list of marvelous links that you should all check out as soon as possible...

Monday Adventures: Scotland on Pink Tuesdays
9 Things Christina Hendricks Taught Me About Body Love on Dramatis Personae (thanks to Beautifully Invisible for bringing this to my attention!)
First Look: Resort 2011 on ELLE.com
Kate Spade: "Things We Love" Book on The English Muse
Infatuation: Jean Michel Basquiat on ArtFashion
RL Store Love on A Spot of Whimsy
APT with LSD: Coco Rocha on Vogue.com
Photographer: Marianne Taylor on Art-Pixie
Lizzy and Darcy on The English Muse
So You Want To Leave Blogger for Wordpress on Beautifully Invisible (I haven't done this yet, obviously, but check do it out - B clearly put a lot of time and effort into it!)

Have a snappy weekend!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At November 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Kayla said...

I love your links!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

 
At November 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

I just listened to the song, it's wonderful! Thank you for sharing. x

 
At November 13, 2010 at 2:46 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

thank you again for always giving us the best review and the best advices of what to read and listen to...

Aww I miss reading your blog Casee dear...shoot me now because I have been so busy lately...BOO!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At November 13, 2010 at 4:07 AM , Blogger Lady Peach said...

Gorgeous blog!! I'm your newest fan :)
Lady Peach
xXx

 
At November 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

 
At November 14, 2010 at 1:56 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi honey, thank you so much for your comment, you had me laughing as well :) and so did my own funny comment LOL! am listening to this lovely song now as I am writing to you and thinking about you. it feels like friendship, you know? <3

I have also been thinking about swithcing to wordpress, owning my site, but I need to figure it all out, costwise etc. I actually did install disqus yesterday and then removed the feature again. It was easy to install, but as far as old comments, they didn`t show under the posts any more. They still were stored under comments, same as posts. Still, wordpress does seem like a better platform in many ways. I also have tried to import my blog to wordpress.com and that was fine in terms of keeping comments, but of course it doesn`t allow for importing wigdets like google friend followers. I have been reading up at Vahnis, and the blog you listed in your fab weekend reads. So, one step at a time. have a lovely sunday, I`m off to talk about norwegian school and parenting to a pakistani womens group. :)

xxx Anika

 
At November 14, 2010 at 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that! I think I've heard it before.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks so much for linking to me!! <3

 
At November 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Amy said...

You're absolutely welcome. It's always a joy to read your posts. =)
To be honest, it was you who inspired me to revamp my blog and write again. I left my blog for dead & I found your blog and you have such great inspirational posts and that inspired me. So thank you!

 
At November 15, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger noone said...

thanks for sharing these links, it gives me something to do today at work lol

 
At November 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Rachael said...

i take pink martini for granted, because they are a local band and they are always plastered everywhere.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home