This Page

has been moved to new address

wishpot wednesday: all I want for christmas...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: wishpot wednesday: all I want for christmas...

17 November 2010

wishpot wednesday: all I want for christmas...

Last week I fawned over my would-be designer favorites, and this week I'm taking a more sensible approach to Wishpot Wednesday. (Sensible, yes, but still fun! Just you wait.) The holidays are here - yes, halfway through November is now The Holiday Season - and that means it's time for a rather gratuitous list of things I wouldn't mind finding under the Christmas tree...


Audrey 100 by Ellen Fontana; $25.82, Barnes & Noble
Audrey 100 is a new photography book focusing on - you guessed it - Audrey Hepburn. I doubt it's possible to fathom the amount of Audrey photo books that are in print, but this one is extra special. All one hundred of the photos were selected by Audrey's family and friends, particularly her sons Sean Ferrer and Luca Dotti. Sean especially has devoted a great deal of time, love and hard work to preserving the memory of his mother; anything relating to Audrey that bears Sean's name is guaranteed to be an honest tribute and a lovingly compiled piece.


the debriefing handbag in taupe; $57.99, Ruche
This bag is lovingly reminiscent of the designer bag of my dreams which I mentioned last week - except that Ruche's Debriefing Bag is vegan-friendly and a fraction of the price. Actually, it's more like a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the price. I love that it comes with an optional shoulder strap, as well.


212 Carolina Herrera Eau de Toilette (2.0 oz); $65, ULTA
I was given a sample of Carolina Herrera's new scent several months ago and I rather fell in love with it. I mentioned in my Fall Style Wishpot Wednesday that I had yet to find the Perfect Scent. I do believe this is it! 212 is a very fresh, floral scent, but it doesn't reek of flower power. It's musky, but it's light. It's noticeable in the best possible way. I'm not very good at translating scents to words (obviously), but it's really a gem!


Gunn's Golden Rules by Tim Gunn, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson; $8.86 - $15.18, Barnes & Noble
Of course, books! These are a few that I've been wanting for some time. I haven't caught much of Project Runway, but it's impossible not to become acquainted with Tim Gunn when you're interested in the fashion world. He seems to be the classiest personality in the industry, so full of insight and genuine good humor. Who wouldn't want to immerse themselves in a book by such a talent? The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand are acclaimed fictional novels and perfect examples of my unusual tendency to be drawn toward novels with long names. And colorful covers, apparently!


Emma, Northanger Abbey, Little Dorrit; $20.74 - $41.49, Barnes & Noble
I have a rather sizable collection of period drama DVDs from the BBC/ITV/PBS, but these are a few that I'm missing. I'm not one for Dickens usually, but I loved the Little Dorrit miniseries which premiered on PBS's Masterpiece Classic just last year. The performances are all superb (and hey, Mr. Darcy is in it!). Of course Emma and Northanger Abbey are two of my Austen delights. What's not to love about a good costume drama miniseries?


There you have it, my holiday wishlist, all full of geekery and good times. Perhaps next week we'll dabble in some glam to add to the mix? What wonderful things are you wishing for this holiday?
_______________________________

Wishpot.com is an easy-to-use site that lets you create an online wishlist from products you find all over the web. A button added on to your browser lets you add to your Wishpot as you shop. Check it out, and feel free to add me as a friend!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I thought I saw that Audrey 100 book in the store the other day as I was going up the escalator (sp?) and thought of you. I love the colors of the book and I'm sure the photos are fantastic!

Ohhh! The handbag is super cute! Nice find :)

Oh yes, "Emma" is a need. I actually still have it recorded on my DVR but I can't keep it there forever you know?

Always love your wish lists :)

 
At November 17, 2010 at 3:46 PM , Blogger loveaudrey said...

I do so love your wishlists! the book is must have! I need more book shelves for all my audrey related books!! xxx

 
At November 17, 2010 at 6:10 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

Little Dorrit has earned so much love from me.

 
At November 17, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

I adore that you love period dramas as much as I. I will never get enough of Jane Austen!

 
At November 17, 2010 at 10:58 PM , Blogger beautyparler said...

I've had 212 for years now & its a great scent. As for wishlist, haven't finalized my list:)

 
At November 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

Gorgeous bag! And may I say how much I loooove Emma!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that Audrey book!! And that handbag...oohhhh...I want that too now :)

 
At November 19, 2010 at 4:34 AM , Blogger Magdalena said...

I love Audrey Hepburn and I love Jane Austen novels
beauty bag:)

http://lenainspiration.blogspot.com/

 
At November 22, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

Ooh my mom would LOVE that Audrey book! Thanks for showing it to me!

And that bag by Ruche looks SO lovely. I just love their items. I bought a purse from them a few years ago and I still love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home