This Page

has been moved to new address

weekend reads: five beautiful blogs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: weekend reads: five beautiful blogs

26 November 2010

weekend reads: five beautiful blogs

Here's something a little different for this week's weekend reads: I thought I'd shine the spotlight on five of the most beautiful blogs, in design and content, that you may not yet be reading. Take a look...


http://blog.caseybrowndesigns.com/
Casey's Elegant Musings

We have the same name (albeit spelled differently!) and we share a love of all things vintage, so it's rather a wonder that I only just came across the lovely Casey's Elegant Musings just this week. Five minutes spent viewing Casey's blog had me completely enthralled. Her outfit posts and her insights into the world of vintage, sewing, cooking and crafting are a true delight. Her blog is also incredibly pleasing from an aesthetic standpoint as well. Beautiful quality photographs and graphics and a perfectly customized layout make the space so bright, fresh and organized. Just lovely.


http://indiefixx.com/
Indie Fixx

Another blog I found just this week, Indie Fixx is a complete joy. In case you couldn't tell by the title, the girl behind the blog, Jen, is an indie darling. She shares some of the most delightful recipes, DIYs, links, interviews, decor inspiration and all manner of other wonderful things. There's something incredibly substantial about Indie Fixx; each entry is expertly compiled, filled with information and beautiful photos to accompany. Indie Fixx is so cool it even has its own book club!


http://www.ohhellofriendblog.com/
Oh, Hello Friend

I've mentioned Oh, Hello Friend many times before so I'm sure if you weren't reading it before my little blog you're certainly reading it now. Danni is a beautiful and incredibly talented artist and designista, filling her blog with all manner of creativity. She has absolutely the best eye for aesthetics. I mean, just look at that layout! It's even beyond that - somehow her photos and the graphics in her entries always fit so perfectly into the soft color scheme of her blog. The minute you visit Oh, Hello Friend you feel a cozy sense of belonging. Her sweet personality shines through her writing, too, inviting you into each and every lovely post.


http://secretsofabutterfly.typepad.com/
Secrets of a Butterfly

As Kathryn describes it, Secrets of a Butterfly is "the blog of a girl who loves: wildflowers, red squirrels, camomile tea, glistening rivers, listening to the honeytrees, believing in peace, seeing beauty & recieving white feathers." It's also a truly serene and peaceful blog-reading experience. You can almost hear The Honey Trees playing softly as you browse the endless pages of inspiration. This is the happy place to steal away to when life gets too busy, too loud or just too overwhelming. Secrets of a Butterfly is like a little secret garden, perfectly magical.


http://wolfandwillowblog.com/
Wolf and Willow

Wolf and Willow was love at first sight. The design of this blog is completely out of this world! I was so struck by Nancy's pretty header upon my first visit a few months ago, and as soon as I moved down the page I was caught by the lovely icons, graphics and photos used throughout the layout and entries. The content is just as wonderful and organized; Nancy offers plenty of fun themes such as Fashion Fancies, Vintage Icons, Peachy Prints and - my favorite - Yummy Delicious, because what's a pretty blog without pictures of pretty food? I've also found countless Etsy shops through her Etsy Love series. This is one of those blogs you could literally spend hours on.

Some truly stunning blogs, aren't they? I hope I've managed to introduce you to a new discovery with this post. If you have any favorite inspiration blogs that pop into your mind, I'd love for you to share the links! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

At November 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how lovely are these, definitely going to check them out! my favorite so far just from the screenshots must be "Oh Hello Friend" so adorable!

really would love to redo mine..but just no time yet..

xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

 
At November 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger LissyLou said...

thank you, gorgeous new blogs to look at xx

 
At November 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Danica Pardini said...

thank you for sharing! more inspiration for me! :)

 
At November 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

I think the first blog calls my name! Thanks for sharing these links :) x

 
At November 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

Lissy above me in the comments here let me know that she found my blog through yours. So I came by.
What a wonderful surprise to find such a lovely review!
Thank you so much!
Now I shall enjoy exploring your blog,
Love Kat x

 
At November 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Those are gorgeous blogs, Casee! Girly and well designed and I can't wait to check them out. Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving love!

Jen

 
At November 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

aah great post!! i love these blogs, but i just adore the header of wold and willow! sigh.

btw how is nanowrimo going?

 
At November 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

These are amazing blogs and very inspiring! They make me want to add a little more pizazz to my blog. Truly beautiful finds, thanks for showing us!

 
At November 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM , Blogger Kirstin said...

Also, how did you get menu/navigation tabs? I have been looking it up online and am struggling because I am terrible with things like this!

 
At November 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi sweetie, thank you for all your love, and for your email with really useful info! sorry for not repliyng, my every day life is stessed to put it mildly. Anyways, for now I installed the intense debate system for comments, it works well, and doesn`t override previous comments.

This is a lovely way of sharing bloglove, will check them all out. How did you manage the pics? Adobe-something?

Also, will be featuring you in December, as it is the season to spread love :)

<3 Anika
http://www.sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com
Twitter: @AnikaSweetface

 
At November 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I love your recommendations and will be sure to check them out!

 
At November 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Sweet said...

there blogs are designed perfectly...with the feminine touch....and I love their topics too...

Thank you for sharing my dear...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At November 28, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

I mentioned your blog in a little thank you post, which is here on the link below honey and I've added your badge to my left sidebar, your place is lovely, kat x
http://secretsofabutterfly.typepad.com/secrets_of_a_butterfly/2010/11/a-little-bird-told-me.html

 
At November 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Awesome post!
Can't wait to check these blogs out!

Hope you've been having a wonderful weekend, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At November 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely, definitely checking these out! I love viewing a blog that just looks amazing. That's what I'm hoping to do with my blog. It's almost there I feel, but it's missing something. I need to figure out something with my header! You're blog is so cute! I love it. :)

And thank you for the sweet comment, it made me smile! The shoes I scored for $20 at Kohl's and yes, the cardigan is extremely comfy!

 
At November 29, 2010 at 2:24 PM , Blogger thingsIlove said...

Great name for your blog :D

 
At November 29, 2010 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Luli said...

This is a lovely and whimsical blog and all the blogs you just mentioned are lovely as well. :)

 
At November 30, 2010 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous blogs!! cant wait to check em out.

 
At November 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Most of those are new to me...and they're soooooo pretty!

 
At December 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Спасибо понравилось ! Thanks !

 
At December 2, 2010 at 5:07 PM , Blogger julietk said...

I just love the way one great blog leads to another Or two ;-)
This is how I am here, pleased to have found you.

 
At December 7, 2010 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. i'm very

enjoy reading your post. great.

 
At December 15, 2010 at 3:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed www.caseemarie.net before in my searches!
I admire just what you have implemented in this article. I enjoy the part when you state you do this to help offer back but I would certainly think by all the responses that this process is working for you as well.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Britta Kirk said...

I ADORE Casey's Musings! I've been reading hers at least 2 or three years now! It's just so beautiful to see how she lives a life from a different era. I love all of your blog picks!

 
At December 29, 2010 at 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo zusammen , ich gerade gelesen Ihr Schreiben hier und apreciate genießen Sie Aufstehen mit große Schrift !
Gongratulation , see ya und auch frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr 2011! Sorry bad Deutsch!

 
At December 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing !!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home