This Page

has been moved to new address

mr. suomi, mountain views and weekend reads

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: mr. suomi, mountain views and weekend reads

19 November 2010

mr. suomi, mountain views and weekend reads


I realize I've gotten into the habit lately of sharing a song every Friday along with my weekend reads. My love for music probably matches my love for fashion (and books, and movies...) and I've always enjoyed introducing people to knew, obscure or up-and-coming artists. Usually these songs have been accompanied by an appropriately matching image of some sort, but today I decided to post the original video because it's quite spectacular. This is a lovely fellow named Damion Suomi (pronounced sue-me), who traveled to the breathtaking North Georgia mountains with some friends to perform several live songs from his self-titled album. His music is of the acoustic folk variety (and, as Wikipedia states, it falls under the genre of "Drinking Songs" - ha). This is my favorite song from the album, "Archer Woman", and I think his sound so perfectly suits the scenery of the mountains. It's also refreshing to see a talented musician/vocalist performing so naturally. If you have three minutes and forty-six seconds to spare, I recommend cranking up the volume and checking out this lovely video.

Christian Louboutin Releases 'Piece of Shoe' at Little Girl, Big World
Sweet Nothings at The Chirpy Bird
Friend Friday: Copying isn't a form of flattery, it's stealing at Beautifully Invisible
(Also check out B's Tom Ford-related posts, one and two.)
Photography: Raceytay on Etsy at Pink Tuesdays
Cinderbellas Giveaway at SHE (remember my previous Etsy love post about Cinderbella's?)
Girls and Holiday Guide: Cards at A Spot of Whimsy
Christmas Holiday Centerpiece You Can Make in 15 Minutes at Between Naps on the Porch
17 bookmark-worthy worthy Tumblrs I (only) discovered this week at Table Tonic
Inspired by: Pretty, Pretty, Pink at Here's Looking At Me, Kid
Gift package inspiration at the Unicorn/dream Magazine blog
My Favorite Used Bookstore at The English Muse
Studio tour / valdirose at Oh, Hello Friend

I hope you enjoy those posts as much as I did! Have a lovely weekend, everyone. I'll be attempting to tackle my to-do list and my big project for the weekend: finishing NaNoWriMo! Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At November 19, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Theriz said...

hey! Marvalous blog!! xoxo

 
At November 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Sweet said...

and thank you for always introducing us to great people...and great sites!!!!

I love you for that...

kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At November 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I like this Damion Suomi guy. I'll have to check him out more. Thanks for introducing him.

Looks like a lot of interesting links. Between Naps is one of my fav blogs & I'll surf over to the rest this weekend.

Great Post! Thanks for sharing. :-)

 
At November 20, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Letitia - The Fashion Editor said...

hey Casee!! i havent been to ur blog since my bday post. but such lovely links you have here. i did my first ever round up post today. let me know what u think :)
xx

 
At November 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Miss M. said...

Thank you for introducing me to such wonderful music.

I'll be adding him to my life.

 
At November 22, 2010 at 5:55 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

some great links! have to check them out.xx

http://provocativecouture.blogspot.com/

 
At November 23, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

I <3 GA :)

Great post :)

FAB song

Oooo I love the wrapping paper idea :)
O and that pink heel!

 
At November 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

For some reason the video isn't loading for me! But I am going to have fun looking at all of the links you posted. You always have a ton of great suggestions!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home