This Page

has been moved to new address

wishpot wednesday: pretty in pink

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: wishpot wednesday: pretty in pink

01 December 2010

wishpot wednesday: pretty in pink



Contrary to the current look of my blog, I'm not particularly obsessed with the color pink. Actually, I don't think I even have much in the shade nestled into my closet right now. While it doesn't quite suit me - when it comes to clothes I tend to like colors with a bit more substance - I do love dusty, nude shades like the above. And that's why all these items managed to make it into my Wishpot this week! It happened quite by accident, really. I've always had a thing for nude pumps, I think they're quite chic, but I don't own a pair. (Of course, these darlings from Miss Selfridge are currently sold-out, but I can still wish for them!) Then it was the Tom Ford lip, which would look marvelous with some smokey eye make-up. Then it was the dress (the dress! Tucker, you're brilliant, but make larger sizes. I'm really wishing with this one.) and then it was the too-too-cute bag. It all needed just a touch of bling, so I went hunting for a little ring and came across that charming (and cheap!) Dorothy Perkins ring.


So here's the rundown:
Tucker printed silk-georgette dress; $415, net-a-porter
Grosgrain Nude Chain And Bow Long Strap Lock Detail Bag; £26, Topshop
Nude Seam Platform; £40 £20, Miss Selfridge
Tom Ford Lip Color in Pink Dusk; $45, Nordstrom
Ornate faceted stone ring; £6.50, Dorothy Perkins




Black Spotty Mac; £65 £45, Miss Selfridge


And on a completely different note, I also added this darling jacket from Miss Selfridge. This is very "me". I have a thing for black and white polka dots, sure, but I also love-love-love the double buttons and the fact that the belt sash is rather wide, giving a good tug at the waist. I like jackets with a lot of shape.

Did you find anything over the holiday weekend that just needs to be in your closet?

I'm disconnecting for a short time - I'll be back in just a few days - but you can catch me on Twitter. And you should all head over to my friend Heather's new blog Rusty Sarcasm; she's doubting her ability to keep up with blogging, but if we spam her with enough lovely comments she might be well motivated!

_______________________________

Wishpot.com is an easy-to-use site that lets you create an online wishlist from products you find all over the web. A button added on to your browser lets you add to your Wishpot as you shop. Check it out, and feel free to add me as a friend!

Labels:

17 Comments:

At December 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I love the items you added to your Wishpot this week! I'd love to have a pair of nude colored heels someday too. They're too perfect not to own.

The polka dot jacket is so darling! You know I love polka dots too, and stripes of course ;)

 
At December 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Lovely selections! I'd wear them all!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At December 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That bag is so lovely. Gotta love Topshop!

 
At December 2, 2010 at 1:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love EVERYTHING in this post. Even though I have an obsession with pink I believe I only own a few pink clothing items! Surprising, huh? But I would love to own a pair of pumps like that...someday.
See you again in a few days! :)

 
At December 2, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy doll! I would have never guessed you were NOT particularly obsessed with pink! HA!
I love all the picks but that polka dot jacket UGGG LOVES IT!!!
HAve a fab rest of the week lady!!

XX

Everyone Loves Lipstick Blog

 
At December 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM , Blogger LissyLou said...

I love that coat and all the pretty pinks.

I have to say thank you for recommending the blog secrets of a butterfly....it is gorgeous, i have just blogged about it xx

 
At December 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

Im crazy for this collection!
oh how i wish i could buy that dress...

Chic on the Cheap

 
At December 3, 2010 at 12:32 AM , Anonymous It's A Jaime Thing said...

Beautiful! As is your blog - so happy I found it via Christine at Wishpot. Cheers and keep up the great work, I'm officially a new fan! :)

Sincerely,
Jaime :)

 
At December 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Ashleigh said...

J'adore!
I've recently fallen for blush pink in home decor by accident as well! Coveting that bag - the silhoutte is fabulous!

 
At December 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Sweet said...

i love the pink items...I just scored some pink stuff lately...and now I am in the look out for something red and chic...I wanted a red shoe for Christmas hahaha...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At December 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

Casee Marie,
I love dusky pink, it is my favourite. It's hard to find nice clothes in that colour especially in winter. That topshop bag caught my eye too.
I have not used wishpot. I already use polyvore and pinterest - I wonder if there is much difference?
Butterfly wishes
Kat x

 
At December 4, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

ohmygoodness. your blog is like the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. your layout is gorgeous.
I love the things you've put in your Wishpot. Dusty nude is girly without being Barbie, so its basically perfect.

 
At December 5, 2010 at 3:51 AM , Blogger PinkBow said...

pink. my favourite colour. i like the nude-ness of these and absolutely adore every piece you have chosen.

 
At December 6, 2010 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Meera said...

I love those items! That color is beautiful, as is your blog. Come check out mine sometime! <3

xx
Meera

 
At December 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Jen said...

LOVE this post. The items are so pretty and unabashedly girly. Love that the pinks are more reserved-- so easy to wear and flattering. That Tom Ford lipstick looks amazing!

 
At December 13, 2010 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

great picks, doll. I just purchased my first Tom Ford lipcolor, so excited (still waiting for it to be delivered).

The pumps especially are a great find. I love the fact that they are more of a blush color than a standard nude. Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home