This Page

has been moved to new address

fashion's night in

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: fashion's night in

11 September 2010

fashion's night in

What do you do when Fashion's Night Out isn't happening in your little country town? Have Fashion's Night In! I spent my evening listening to lazy jazz songs on Juliette Gréco Radio and chatting with Jen about Fashion Week. Plus, we gushed over our favorite Christian Siriano pieces. We've also been working on some additions to SHE so look out for those.



Julie London - Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

I had this song stuck in my head for most of the week so I thought it was only appropriate to share. As much as it's Marilyn Monroe's iconic song, I do love this version by Julie London. She's one of my favorite jazz singers with her deep, smokey vocals and cool, laid-back style. And isn't she gorgeous, too?

Here's a little bit of reading material for the weekend. Thanks to all of you lovely bloggers who constantly dish out such spectacular content!

...look closer - jen kao
Art-Pixie - Rainbow in your hand
a spot of whimsy - equestrian
amateur couture - center square
ArtFashion: - Stories on Film
Beautifully Invisible - Outtakes: Christina Hendricks for London
Beautifully Invisible - Photoshoot: Liu Wen for Numero China
Becoming Lola - The Breakfast Club
Daily Diva Dish - High Fashion Hounds
Days in Mayfair - Pretty Enough to Make You Weep
Everything Fabulous - Haute Couture goes to the Old West - Carey Mulligan for Vogue US October 2010
minnja - cats and fashion, it's all about meow
November Grey - How to Thrift Shop
Oh, Hello Friend - Collections/Books:
Overlooking Mississippi - Wednesday Flowers (Details Edition Part 2)
Some Kind of Style - Pin-Up Girls Love Elvis
The Blonde Salad - Dolce & Gabbana and Martini party and dinner
The Layered Pancake - Thursday Photography - Black and White
Twitch Vintage - Kindergarten Cool

What did you all do for FNO? I'd love to hear about all your fabulous adventures!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At September 11, 2010 at 12:45 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Oh yes, it's been fantastic! *hugs*

I love the photo you posted. Your room always seems to be so nicely decorated and I love that.

The "Wishpot Expert" badge is darling.

 
At September 11, 2010 at 1:37 AM , Blogger Kayla said...

I went a FNO event about an hour from my little town. I've never been more happy or felt more uncool at a fashion event in my whole life. Totally worth going but I think I need to go to a big town next year!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

 
At September 11, 2010 at 8:24 AM , Blogger ching said...

may i ask how did you manage to put that youtube bar without putting the whole video? :D

 
At September 11, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

Oh my darling....FNO??? nothing much, just spending it at home, doing some blog visits and making a blog posts...technically a big bum...hahahah :D

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At September 11, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

lovely post! thanks for sharing sweetheart <3

 
At September 11, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Paint it Black said...

What a great idea I also was not near a city to go to FNO looked like fun though xoxo

 
At September 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great song!

 
At September 11, 2010 at 5:52 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

julie london looks stunning, oh my god! i had never heard this version. happy weekend!

 
At September 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I think that sounds like killer time too lady!

 
At September 11, 2010 at 10:33 PM , Blogger its simple love said...

She is gorgeous isn't she? That song reminds me of Moulin Rouge. Love that movie.

Rachael

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

I had a little fashion night in as well. It involved sewing, and wine. I guess that's what happens when you live in a small town. Oh well. Thanks for sharing my link doll face.

 
At September 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful..Fashion's Night In..those are the best..watching lovely movies and listening to fashionable music, righ! ;)

thank so much for the Shout Out!

xoxo

 
At September 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger minnja said...

Great !!!

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

 
At September 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Amber Schmidt said...

I love it-- FNI. :)

I think I'll put on some jazzy records and catch up on my blog-list.

Hope you have a beautiful day, pretty gal.

Love Always,
Amber Rose

 
At September 13, 2010 at 1:12 AM , Blogger Cherie said...

i love your new profile pic, so pretty!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

Thanks for including me in your reading list. (Especially because I feel like I've totally been slacking in the blogging department!) I spent the weekend working. I just want September to be over :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home