This Page

has been moved to new address

wishpot wednesday: jazzy hats and paris daydreams

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: wishpot wednesday: jazzy hats and paris daydreams

08 September 2010

wishpot wednesday: jazzy hats and paris daydreams

Another week, another Wishpot Wednesday! All these things are making me even more excited for Fall, if that's possible...



Sequoia Hat in Granite; Poetrie
Thank you, Neal Caffrey, for keeping fedoras in the realm of cool. These are my favorite hats, maybe because they remind me of some of my favorite fellas from back in the day - from Bogie to Dean Martin. They add instant style to everything, and they're just fun. I love the color of this particular one, though Poetrie also has it available in a light shade, too.


ELLE Ryder Ankle Boots; Kohl's
As I mentioned in my fall style WW post I've been on the lookout for just the right pair of boots with a romantic, slightly period flair. I think I've found them! I love the character of these. I think I was looking for something with a little more detail, but these are practical and you can do so much with them. It's funny because I used to ride horses, of course, so there was a time when I wore boots like these every day! And now here I am pining for a pair.


Touch of Vanilla Cardigan by Tulle; ModCloth
Another piece by Tulle. I love big comfy sweaters, they're the ultimate fall staple. I love this style with the big buttons and deep neckline. Can't you just imagine skipping through the fallen leaves or visiting an apple orchard or pumpkin patch in this? While wearing your Elle Ryder Ankle Boots, of course.


Marie Petit Parfum Solide; Poetrie
Okay, I love the packaging on this one. The description of the scent sounds absolutely like what I've been wanting lately: "Multilayered and complex: Candied Lemon, Honeydew, Cassis, Sugared Violet, Ylang Ylang, Creamy Musk & White woods." Yes, please!


Quiet Corners of Paris by Jean-Christophe Napias; Amazon
I think this was recommended to me by Amazon a while ago (they know me so well), and it's been on my mind ever sense. Even though Paris is a busy (busy, busy, busy) place I always imagine that it's something of a reflective city beneath all the tourism and the flashy fashion. I'd love to get lost in a quiet arboretum with some flaky Parisian pastry and a café au lait. (And I wouldn't mind being found by someone like, say, Gaspard Ulliel or Louis Garrel. Just sayin'!)


If anyone fancies doing their own Wishpot Wednesday post I'd love for you to leave me the link. I'd love to see what everyone else is wishing for. (:

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At September 8, 2010 at 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

just saw the movie "The Good Year" always makes me feel Good, hehe! love the french Provence, music, country..etc... wishing you love, healthiness and happiness..with "some kind of style" xoxo

 
At September 8, 2010 at 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg...Nicolas Cazale..what a cutie! thanks for introducing us..haha! need to watch the movie..so many lovely french films out there! tell, me! how could you reply me...and I got it by email...would love to do that too! xoxo

 
At September 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I really like those boots, and yay they're from Kohl's so they are decently priced!

I also love the sweater cardigan. I love the color and softness of it.

Lovely post :)

 
At September 8, 2010 at 9:53 PM , Blogger ching said...

i really like that those boots are not that high heeled because that would hurt a lot.haha
i love them fedoras too. xD

 
At September 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

i love fedoras. i hope they never go out of style. i hope my future boyfriend/husband wears them. i am feeling a bit nutty today, sorry.

 
At September 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

Ohh fedoras. I love that they are always in style. Love the one you picked here, and Ann Taylor LOFT has a cute one in their fall line!

Love the other pieces as well, but that book especially seems so "you"!

 
At September 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

Gotta love a good fedora not to mention those boots! absolutely amazing!
xox tash

 
At September 9, 2010 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i want to get all cozy in that cute sweater.


xoxox

 
At September 9, 2010 at 5:27 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

I love the hat...oh wishpot wednesday hahahaha :D all the dreams in this world can offer :D

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At September 9, 2010 at 6:01 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

Love the boots. They have the perfect colour and heel.xx

 
At September 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!

Love that fedora!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 9, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!

Love that fedora!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Another lovely post! I have a pair of boots with the exact same type of heel as the ones in your post and even though it's not so high, it's soooo uncomfortable. Lovely looking though...I wear them once a month tops and when I get home i put my feet up against the wall :D...But I'd be REALLY interested in purchasing the solid perfume. The description of the scents it contains is so yummy!!! XX Bere

 
At September 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I adore the cardigan, it looks warm and comfy. Perfect for cold winter days and hot chocolates!!

Lots of love from http://queendom-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

 
At September 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

I absolutely adore fedoras! They always look so classy, no matter what you pair it with.

These shoes are at Kohl's?? I must buy myself a pair! They are the cutest things ever.

 
At September 10, 2010 at 2:35 AM , Blogger Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Wow! I love the boots!
Thank you for sharing~
Leticia

 
At September 10, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger smatterings said...

oof. I want all of that! stunning.

 
At September 10, 2010 at 3:00 PM , Blogger elena nuez said...

all things here are so beautiful!!!
greetings from Spain

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home