This Page

has been moved to new address

the photography of melvin sokolsky

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: the photography of melvin sokolsky

06 September 2010

the photography of melvin sokolsky












The Photography of Melvin Sokolsky


These images are astonishing, aren't they? All of them are from the 1960s, well before the world of Photoshop. You can read his opinions on each piece and how he created them at the link above, of course. I think Orchid Puzzle is my favorite. Imagine that process! It shows just how unlimited art, especially photography, can be and just what a unique visionary Sokolsky is.

Labels:

26 Comments:

At September 6, 2010 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, all really amazing...have to watch "Factory Girl" still, hehe! ;)

 
At September 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

Amazing! The colors are brilliant. I've always loved that bubble picture but never knew the photographer's name. Thanks for this post!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

these are absolutely stunning. how beautiful is that purple/green dress? i love the orchid and the chair. he's amazing.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh my gosh, seriously from the 60s?! That is amazing!!! They look so modern and completely photoshopped! Thanks for sharing Casee!!

Hope you had a lovely long weekend!
Jen

 
At September 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, these are all pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing! x

 
At September 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

incredible! there's something more special about it, knowing that the illusion doesn't rely on computer tricks.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

These are so interesting to look at! The fourth photo reminds me so much of something that could be from Alice in Wonderland.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 9:49 PM , Blogger kate gabrielle said...

Gosh, I love these! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'd have to go with Surreal Rocket. But they're all amazing!

 
At September 6, 2010 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Julia said...

These are before photoshop?? Wow, such stunning work.

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it xo

 
At September 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Fabiola "Fab" said...

Love the photos! The lighting is everything! I'm leaning that on my own. Perfection photography!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 4:56 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

WOW totally talented photographer love the photos and how it was taken...

just dramatic and creative too

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At September 7, 2010 at 6:49 AM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

Gorgeous images!! I love dark room photography with multiple exposures, truly a testament to skill and technique.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Love his work!
Beautiful post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 7, 2010 at 7:46 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

These are some really beautiful and artistic pics.xx

 
At September 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love them!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Blogger ching said...

i actually thought it was just a normal flower.. but then i looked closer. Melvin has mind blowing skills.

i am so following your blog. :D

 
At September 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing photos! I'm in love with that dress in the second photo! Gorgeous!

Thanks for following! I'm following you now as well!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Thanks for showing these beautiful images, it's great to begin one more day at work with some inspiring sights!!! XX Bere

 
At September 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

I just realized I wasn't following you!! How ludicrous! I adore your photography finds, so inspiring!
xo tash

 
At September 7, 2010 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Fé... said...

Wow, what an amazement. I especially love the picture with four red lips. Super sexy! Have a gorgeous day, Casee!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Harley said...

I love the puppet one and the last, ferry photo the most I think. Amazed that these are pre-photoshop!

(By the way, I found Lost in Austen and watched the whole thing - LOVED IT!!)

 
At September 7, 2010 at 3:26 PM , Blogger liz said...

These are gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

ps, congrats on > 100 followers! love, s

 
At September 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger its simple love said...

I am so impressed. Before photoshop... can't imagine that! He's brilliant!

Rachael

 
At September 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

These are amazing. Just goes to show what people could do pre-photoshop is as good as what they can do now (maybe even better!)

 
At September 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Blue said...

Truly a revelation! I might try to take one like the four lipstick one some time, thanks for the inspiration!

And now I definitely HAVE TO follow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home