This Page

has been moved to new address

wishpot wednesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: wishpot wednesday

18 August 2010

wishpot wednesday

My little blog doesn't have any themed weekly posts so I thought it was about time to start one, and what's more fun than sharing a wishlist? Well, it's fun for me. I don't know how much anybody else would really care about seeing these things, but who knows! Maybe you'll find something you like for yourself. I thought I'd share some items that I've been adding to Wishpot. If you aren't familiar with the site, Wishpot lets you create an online wishlist from products you find all over the web and rate them based on how important they are to you. You can put a little button on your browser so whenever you're on a site you can simply click and add! It's a brilliant idea and so easy to use. I was in the habit of creating wishlists on multiple websites just for the sake of bookmarking things I was interested in, but Wishpot keeps it all in one place.


BDG Wingtip Pump in Brown by Urban Outfitters
These were love-at-first-site shoes. I think they're utterly charming. I love the color, and the style plays up the whole Mad Men/1960s/1950s thing. (Do you ever notice how Mad Men takes place in the '60s, but the style is always referred to as uniquely '50s? I guess it's because it takes place so early in the '60s, there wasn't much time for the decade's style to evolve yet.)


Pleat Long Sleeve Shift Dress in Burgundy by TopShop
This dress has so many possibilities! I could see it with tights or stockings, or with black leggings and little black ballet flats. I also love the sleeves. I think long sleeves create such a lovely silhouette, but sometimes they can be too hot so the sheer fabric on these is the best of both worlds.


Leopard Print Bow Headband by TopShop
I included this in my Fall Fashion Trends post on SHE. I think it's so cute, and a great way to bring in the leopard trend without investing a lot of money in a piece. Plus, it's not obnoxious. Sometimes it's impossible to find a leopard print that's chic, not cheesy.


Pretty Stone on Bead Stretch (Bracelet) by TopShop
The romantic in me loves this bracelet. The jewels, the little ribbon, the peachy color. So pretty.


Creame Lace Print Dress by Dorothy Perkins
Adore this! Okay, I had the biggest obsession with this print - I'll call it damask (is it a fabric? a pattern? will we ever really know?) - for the better part of last year and I still can't help but get excited every time I see it. Of course, it seems like its surge in popularity didn't happen until after I'd gotten over my obsession, but better late than never. This is another one, pair it with black legging and flats and it would be so darling.


Multi Paisley Tie-Back Dress by Dorothy Perkins
More of my black and white, I know. I love the shape of this dress. I think it would fit my body type quite well.


Navy Puff Sleeve Cardi by Dorothy Perkins
I always refer to this shade as "Chelsea's color" because my sister Chelsea absolutely loves it. Whenever I see something in this sort of deep, rich navy I think of her. I live for cardigans - and scarves; together they're my staples for the fall and winter months. I love the puffy sleeves on this one. It adds so much character! And obviously, the color is lovely.


Fifth Avenue, 5 A.M.: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and the Dawn of the Modern Woman by Sam Wasson
The mind boggles at how many Audrey Hepburn- and Breakfast at Tiffany's-related books there are in the world. I can't even say that Tiffany's is my favorite of her films. (I do love it, but it's almost a case of seeing it everywhere so often that one can't help but tire of it just slightly in comparison to her other roles.) However, this book stands out to me. It seems to be an honest, intelligent look at what went into the making of the film, the mood on the set and the film's social and cultural impact. I can't help but think that it might be a slightly depressing read (from what I recall, it was one of Audrey's least happy filming experiences) but an interesting and informative one nontheless.


Texas Pink Cowboys Card Holder by 11:11
This is a just-for-fun add. I've always fancied cowboys! When you live on the edge of the west I guess you really don't have a choice, huh? I grew up on country music and old John Wayne movies, and I spent several years riding horses. My style has changed a lot since then but I still love cowboys and I still love pink, and that's all there is to it.


Now that you've had the chance to see how positively random I am...do you have a Wishpot account? If you do, I'd love for you to add me as a friend!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At August 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

What a fantastic idea for a website! I'm going to join :)

Ohh, I pretty much love everything you're wishing for. Those brown pumps are adorable! I also really love the animal print head band, the bracelet and the blue cardigan! So many lovely items to wish for!

 
At August 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

what a cool website :D
and cute title name for your weekly posts. haha.
i'm so in love with that cream lace dress. love your style! :)

 
At August 18, 2010 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Love everything on your wishlist.
The cuts, colours & prints are gorgeous :)

xo

 
At August 19, 2010 at 1:05 AM , Blogger Taryn said...

That maroon dress looks like the perfect holiday party dress! Love the leopard headband as well :)

 
At August 19, 2010 at 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, can I eat those shoes?

 
At August 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Nadette said...

oooh wishpot could get me into some serious trouble. I think i'll hold off on it...for now. that bracelet is too cute!

 
At August 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That burgundy dress is SO pretty!

 
At August 20, 2010 at 2:59 AM , Blogger Melanie Patterson said...

Great choices! The shoes are my favorite. Wingtip-styled pupms/oxfords/flats are my favorite. I think I own one of each, haha.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 3:22 AM , Blogger Roadrunner said...

That lace print dress is amazing! :)

http://walkingintheairr.blogspot.com

 
At August 20, 2010 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Gypsy Gardens said...

That Dorothy Perkins dress is so pretty!
Love the idea of a themed posts. And wishlists are always inspiring ;)

 
At August 21, 2010 at 5:27 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

oh love...those dresses and items are just so amazing...love the prints and stuff...

wow that is such a great idea...a theme for your daily post...but I am not so sure if I can do it because my post comes randomly in my mind hehehe!!!

take care love
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At August 21, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Chelle said...

Aw, love this cute wishlist. Very vintage-inspired! Love the pumps and the topshop bracelet; gorgeous!

Xo Discovering Elegance

 
At August 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Oh, My Darling said...

Those wingtip pumps are gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home