This Page

has been moved to new address

drew barrymore's nifty thrift

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: drew barrymore's nifty thrift

15 August 2010

drew barrymore's nifty thrift

Try saying that five times fast! So, Drew Barrymore is making headlines after her recent trip down the red carpet of Nylon + Express's Denim Issue party where she wore $760 Yves Saint Laurent pumps and...a $25 thrift store dress!










(source)

I adore this dress and I applaud Drew for making such a fantastic and refreshing choice. I enjoy Oscar season as much as the next gal, but I think it’s important for people to be reminded that it's not always a question of who you’re wearing. This dress certainly reminded me. I love everything about it. The colors work so well on her and the shimmery metallic texture is divine. It's something different and new; oh, and let's not forget the really cute detail on the back. That's so unique. I myself have never been "thrifting" but I've seen these sorts of fantastic finds time after time on so many fashion blogs. On countless Outfit Of The Day posts I've scrolled down, ready to click-click-buy that adorable top or that brilliant necklace and countless times I've seen "necklace: thrifted", "top: thirfted" - or, for heaven's sake, handmade! (You all really are ridiculously talented.) From the beginning of my blog-reading days I've wanted so badly to be graced with the knowledge and wherewithal to be a successful thrift shopper. I've never been quite sure how to give it a try on my own, though. Maybe Drew has inspired me?

I also need to address my hair envy, because it's a bit out of control after looking at these photos. Her hair is gorgeous! Extensions? Bump-It? Inquiring minds want to know, darn it.

Just in case you're not won over by her killer style, contagious smile, monumental hair and (regardless of the pro-nameless theme of this post) YSL pumps, here's a little bit of Drew being adorably Drew...




I'd also like to thank everyone who commented on my last post. It's so inspiring and refreshing to see so many fashion-forward ladies with a healthy attitude towards size. Happy Sunday!

Labels:

17 Comments:

At August 15, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her! she was my idol back in the 90s, hehe! met her once here at the Charlie's Angels Premiere, she was so sweet to me although the Bodyguards were pushing me away! hehe lovely!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just so cool, a 25 dollar dress! But is she the only Hollywood celebrity who doesn't whiten her teeth?!

 
At August 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

oh yes i read about this somewhere. drew barrymore is always so fresh and fun.i think she gets younger every year.

 
At August 15, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I adore the pattern, colors and of course, the shine! It's fantastic! I also love how much she spent on it, that alone is completely refreshing.

 
At August 15, 2010 at 7:09 PM , Blogger minnja said...

Lovely Drew!
http://minnja.blogspot.com/

 
At August 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Drew is awesome.
I loved that dress, it looks stunning on her.
Just goes to show that the label is the least important part of a garment & that price & style are not relative.
xo

 
At August 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger daisybabie said...

oh my! i had not read this before reading it here. i adore drew b! she looks fabulous. other actresses take note!
thank you for sharing this on your blog, hon!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 12:37 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

i love drew, she is so sweet and funny.xx

 
At August 16, 2010 at 2:08 AM , Blogger Melanie Patterson said...

Her dress is gorgeous! Oh my gosh! I love that she's humble enough to wear something thrifted down a red carpet. That's so inspiring to me! I occasionally hit up Goodwill where I've made some nice finds, but I have yet to be THAT lucky!

Melanie
http://thosethingstheysaid.blogspot.com

 
At August 16, 2010 at 4:03 AM , Anonymous julia. said...

oh, i love drew. she is so talented and so good looking i cant just not loving her!

 
At August 16, 2010 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

i really love Drew Barrymore's style...she is sometimes unpredictable but her personality is the best...she is my favorite among the angels...

She is totally a great actress and she is very vocal and always smiling!!!

great post love

take care
kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

P.S. I need your help in voting and spreading about my photo entry in a contest. The details about the contest is in my blog. thank you in advance.

kisses xoxox

 
At August 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Amaaaazing dress!

xoxox,
CC

 
At August 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Sasha B. said...

i loveeee her dress! the colors are so great! she is so classy.. i forget about her sometimes!

 
At August 18, 2010 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow !! her dress is beautiful ! good on her not wasting money on a mere label when $25 can make you look fab ! love your blog btw ! x

http://jessica-hannam.blogspot.com/

 
At August 18, 2010 at 4:41 AM , Blogger StyleNonsense said...

I Quite Like It Actually.
StyleNonsense.blogspot.com

 
At August 18, 2010 at 5:58 AM , Blogger Victoria said...

She looks gorgeous, I think this is probably the best I've ever seen her look, I'm not usually a drew Barrymore fan, lookswise xxx

 
At August 20, 2010 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Plami said...

ohhhh.... I love this dress! it is so beautiful!

XoXo
Fiamma

hahaha these are great!! Especially the one about your dream vacation :) I am now learning how to use polyvore :)

XoXo
Fiamma

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home