This Page

has been moved to new address

for the love of the dog

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: for the love of the dog

04 August 2010

for the love of the dog


This little darling's name is Walter. At about two months old he was thrown from a car window in New York City, right into the arms (as it were) of Alex Darsey and Ro Juska; the people who saved his life. The puppy had been horrifically treated when he was found and veterinarians doubted his survival, but the kind aforementioned folks took it upon themselves to try to help him. They started a blog and a Facebook page to raise the money needed for Walter's vet bills, and the result was more than they had ever anticipated or dreamed of. Donations came in from around the world and now, four months later, Walter is healthy and happy - and with not one but two loving homes, between Darsey and Juska.

To read more about Walter's story, visit The Today Show or Help Save Walter, the blog that started it all.

I'm an ardent dog lover and sometimes all the sad stories of helpless pups can be absolutely overwhelming. Hearing about Walter gave me so much hope, and I can only thank the kindness of Alex and Ro and the countless people whose donations gave the story a happy ending.


Hugs (and kisses) from Dusty and me. (:

And thank you so much to everyone who's been commenting over here. It makes me so happy! I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to read or comment on any blogs in the last few days. Time has been slipping away from me, but I will absolutely be back soon!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At August 5, 2010 at 1:01 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

aww, bless. this is similar to what happened when i raised money for my cat's surgery. I was very surprised by the generosity of random people online that I'd never met before. I'm so glad Walter has gotten the help he needed and is doing well. YEAY!!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 3:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do NOT understand how and why people can treat animals so badly. It makes me so angry and upset. I am really happy that Walter is doing so well now and has a loving home.

 
At August 5, 2010 at 6:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

god that is so terrible and such a wonderful story on the other hand! such luck he had... hope all works out for him and his new family! bless there hearts!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Awww...I have to go read about Walter. Thanks for sharing.

And the Dusty kisses!!!! I love it. Put a huge smile on my face. I miss having a dog.

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com

 
At August 5, 2010 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Hannah Sadie said...

It is absolutely awful that some people can be so cruel to helpless animals. Walter was so lucky to find two beautiful compassionate people to take care of him! Such a heartwarming story.

 
At August 5, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

I cried while reading the blog about Walter. I am a dog lover myself and I really am missing my babies right now.

This is such a great story and those people who helped the little fellow...

you and your beloved baby is so cute!!!

take your time love
take care
always
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At August 5, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I love sweet stories like these! You and your doggie are so cute!! *HUGS*

 
At August 5, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aaaw, that's such a sweet story! I am glad to hear that Walter is happy now!!
Lots of love!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

@Kendra I thought of you and Coco first thing (:

Thanks to everyone for your sweet comments! xoxox

 
At August 6, 2010 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

As soon as I saw this photo I KNEW it was Walter! I have been following his story on Facebook and the blog from the start. He has one of those faces that just screams "love me." So glad he found some wonderful people to care for him. The local community AND beyond really banded together to help him. Social networking at its best!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM , Blogger the chirpy bird said...

Oh my goodness! Breaks my heart! I can never understand people's actions sometimes... it's just unthinkable. btw your pictures are adorable, YOU are adorable!
xo tash

 
At August 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

i wish my camera did 'burst' type snazzy things.
sweet dog btw and you're not bad either :)

 
At August 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Blogger dear kate said...

awww! i love your pup! is he a sheltie?!
katie

 
At August 11, 2010 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

@dear kate yes, he is! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home