This Page

has been moved to new address

pan, who and what art thou?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: pan, who and what art thou?

21 July 2010

pan, who and what art thou?


(image by libellule)

Barnes & Noble has a wonderful new promotion: every week they're offering different classic titles in ebook format for free download on their website. I've already downloaded Peter Pan, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, The Secret Garden and Grimm's Fairy Tales. I'm so excited!

The books can be read on the free ereader for your PC, iPad, etc. or you can read them on your nook if you have one (which I do, and I would recommend it to anyone). I'm something of a romantic when it comes to books so I would say that classics should be bought in volumes like the above, but when they're offered as ebooks for free? I'm all over it. (:

Labels:

9 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Oh my gosh, I saw the "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories" in Barnes and Noble the other day! Do you know which other stories they are?

Have you heard of "Audrey Hepburn: A Life in Pictures"? I saw that there too and almost forgot to tell you. There were some others as well but I can't remember the titles...

Wow, free ebooks huh? I may just have to check them out, even though I'd have to read them on my computer. Thanks for the heads up!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

I'm pretty sure that one includes all of his published work. All of his short stories and everything. It's a really big book!

I do think I've heard of that one, yes! I don't have it, though. There are so many Audrey books out there, it's hard to keep track!

I've just tried their PC reader and it's quite cute. The Peter Pan book comes with little illustrations and everything. I wouldn't really want to read very lengthy novels on the computer but it's a fun (and free!) way to read shorter stories. Let me know if you try it (:

 
At July 22, 2010 at 4:29 AM , Blogger Devka Ulanov said...

OMG I love the books ! Nice blog ;) Hope see you on mine ...

 
At July 22, 2010 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is a great tip and I signed up... but then it asked for my credit card number! Did you give yours? And still not get charged for the free ebooks? I'm your newest follower, hope you'll visit my blog too!

 
At July 22, 2010 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Miss M. said...

I'm just in love with the picture.

 
At July 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Ohh, I wonder why it asks for a credit card! I have an account with them so I just had to sign in and I was able to download. They to act like it's a purchase, you just aren't charged for anything. I hope that helps. And thank you so much for being my thirtieth follower! <33

 
At July 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I just reread Alice and would love to reread Peter Pan right now. Somehow children's lit is so perfect for the summer time!

 
At July 23, 2010 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

I've been feeling exactly the same way! And I've never had the chance to read Peter Pan even once. (:

 
At July 29, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

this is so great. i never got around to reading the secret garden.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home