This Page

has been moved to new address

curiouser and curiouser

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: curiouser and curiouser

11 July 2010

curiouser and curiouser



























"The last time a girl called Alice came here from your world she brought down the whole House of Cards."

Today I finally(!) watched the miniseries Alice that was on television last year. I've heard so many wonderful things about it, and now I can say that I absolutely agree with them all! It's such a fun and adventurous little series. Caterina Scorsone is so pretty and Andrew Lee Potts was lovely as the Hatter. (Obviously they were my favorites.) I loved all the unique settings and the whole look of the show. The way they twisted the storyline was quite brilliant, too. If you haven't seen it yet, consider this my recommendation.

I want to go watch it again!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

It looks slightly cheezy but really interesting and fun at the same time. You know how much I love AIW so I would probably enjoy it. Did you record it or did you buy it?

 
At July 11, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

It struck me as more whimsical than cheesy. There are a few over-the-top characters, but it lends to the fun vibe. I think if it didn't have that it would feel like it was taking itself a little too seriously (:

I got it from Netflix, but I definitely want to buy it.

 
At July 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Andi said...

I just watched this! I was actually a bit disappointed in it. Have you seen the miniseries Tin Man that they did a few years before? It was quite similar in style to Alice but it seemed a bit better thought out.

 
At July 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

I haven't seen Tin Man yet, but I've been told that it's quite good. And Zooey's in it! I have it on my Netflix queue so hopefully I'll be able to see it soon (:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home