This Page

has been moved to new address

happy birthday, marilyn!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: happy birthday, marilyn!

01 June 2010

happy birthday, marilyn!


I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do.




We are all of us stars and we all deserve to twinkle.




I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.




What good is it being Marilyn Monroe? Why can't I just be an ordinary woman?




Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer.


Today would have been Marilyn Monroe's 84th birthday! This is my favorite of her photoshoots. I think it reveals a different side to her than the one that made her famous. It's a brave and vulnerable side, very free and uninhibited, and her spirit shines right through her, right through the photographs. This is how I like to remember her.

(Pictures from M-Monroe.org.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM , Blogger smatterings said...

this is so beautiful. Marilyn is one of my all time favorites. she really seems beautiful, and earthy. I think what makes this photo shoot so wonderful is that she looks beautiful, but she is also a woman you might see walking down the street, a normal girl instead of a sex goddess. this is the Marilyn I would have loved to have been friends with.

 
At June 2, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. Shamefully I've never seen this photoshoot before, and now I'm in love with it.

 
At June 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

Even though there is so much about Marilyn - her name, hair colour, etc. - that is completely unnatural, I can't help but feel like the best word to describe her in this photoshoot is "natural". I feel like the old George Bernard Shaw quote, "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself." really works for her here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home