This Page

has been moved to new address

smoke gets in your eyes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: smoke gets in your eyes

26 July 2010

smoke gets in your eyes

Firstly, thank you so much to everyone who left comments and followed me over the weekend! I can't tell you how excited and surprised I was to see that. When I post comments on other blogs it's because I like that blog and want to support the writer; I think the posts are so interesting, I genuinely have so much fun reading other blogs. So I never expect people to wander over here at all, nevermind leaving comments and following! So thank you (:

Okay, now I have two things to share. I found a darling video from bellatv on how to get the milkmaid braid look, similar to Robin Tunney in my last post. Check it out:



I tried it, but my hair is so thick that it just kind of looked like a big mess on top of my head. But I think it might work well if I do a bunch of little braids rather than two big ones. So I'm going to try that soon! If anybody tries the style in that video do let me know how it works for you.

And now, some pretty pictures from last night's Mad Men premiere (spoiler alert?). This show! I've missed it so much. And I thought the premiere was just fantastic.






I love Peggy's look this season. She seems so confident and happy.




This scene was so cute!




I'm rather obsessed with this color on Joanie.




I'm not the world's biggest Betty fan, but I love how her outfits are always so colorful...


...see?




And now I'm off to prepare for my sister to visit this week! So excited. Happy Monday!


Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that Swedish milkmaid hair!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mad Men... I think I will have to see this because everyone's giving it such great reviews.
My hair's not long enough enough for the cute braid look and I'm so crap with hair but I will practice!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What is wrong with me?? Why am I not watching this. It totally forgot about it last night!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Kendra said...

I love that hairstyle! it's very lolita.

and congrats on all the new followers, you deserve it--your blog is adorable!

 
At July 26, 2010 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Aww, I'm sorry that hair-do didn't work for you.

Lovely pic spam of Mad Men :)

 
At July 26, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

@Kristin It might be airing again over the week? I hope you enjoy it if you get to see it!

@Kendra Thank you so very much, dear (:

 
At July 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Tanya Dempsey said...

Nice 'how to' video. My hair is so thick that my braids were a bit massive on top of my head, but I still loved it.

And um... MAD MEN!! (sigh) Best show on TV.

xx

http://novembergrey.blogspot.com/

 
At July 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Lori said...

i wish i could try the milkmaid braid but my hair is too short :(

i've never watched mad men but i want to start, i hear its amazing!

...look closer

 
At July 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous sweet said...

Wow, I do not know if I can actually pull that off but since my hair is shorter now...I just need to look for a great style...and how to make it more interesting...

great post love

take care
always
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At July 27, 2010 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Zabrinah said...

Great pictures! And I'm going to try that hairstyle. I never knew what it was called before reading this post!

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

 
At July 27, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

Thanks for sharing the tutorial. My hair is pretty fine so I think I might be able to try this.

I had to skip through the rest of the post (and skip all the comments) for fear of spoilers. I JUST started watching Mad Men this weekend - on Season 1, Episode 7. LOTS of catching up to do but loving it so far!

 
At July 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pic-spam of Mad Men! I've never gotten into the show, but whenever I see some photos about it I think it looks lovely! lol

And thanks for sharing that video, I have been wanting to try a look like that. :)

 
At July 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

i really love your blog. god, i wished i had thought of that title.

 
At July 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

and ps, i saw that video and i don't think i have the hand-eye co-ordination required to do that.

 
At July 28, 2010 at 12:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love! Absolutely love the milk maid braids! Fabulous and Mad Men? sigh... what else can I say!!

xo tash

http://www.thechirpyladybird.blogspot.com

 
At July 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This season looks great, and how Peggy seems to have changed, I can't wait to see it.

 
At July 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This season looks great, and how Peggy seems to have changed, I can't wait to see it.

 
At July 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Annie said...

Great braid video. I never get tired of braids. I have Mad Men recorded, but haven't watched it yet. I can't wait!

 
At July 30, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger diane @ a spot of whimsy said...

you know i loved this mad men post! what a gorgeous blog, so happy you found mine so i could find yours :)

 
At August 1, 2010 at 1:46 AM , Blogger Artpixie said...

Your blog is just basically full of stuff that I love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home