This Page

has been moved to new address

thursday night dinner

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: thursday night dinner

09 September 2010

thursday night dinner



I happened across ThursdayNightDinner.org this afternoon via DailyCandy's Start Small, Go Big Contest and was charmed by the concept. Considering the irony of my discovering it on a Thursday I thought it would be only appropriate to share it with you all - on a Thursday!

Thursdays is all about the girls'-night-in tradition started by a group of college students several years ago. Their Thursday Night Dinners started with some good old-fashioned TV watching but quickly escalated into craft parties, non-stop girl talk and, of course, a group-cooked meal. ThursdayNightDinner.org is a compilation of all their recipes and crafts as well as a blog, a shop (where you can purchase the above environmentally-friendly bag) and even a service to help you start your very own Thursday Night Dinners with your friends. Check out the About Us page for their full story. Oh, and if you like the site be sure to vote for them on DailyCandy!

I wish I could invite you all to Thursday Night Dinner with me! I'm sure we'd talk fashion and blogging and Mad Men all night.



On a side note, I'm thrilled that the fabulous folks of Wishpot.com have invited me to be a Fashion Expert! It means so much that they thought The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower was worthy of such a title. If you're not on Wishpot yet go join! It's such a lovely web site. And feel free to add me as a friend!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At September 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

i love your new photograph. you look freaking gorgeous.
I'll check this website out and congratulations on fashion expert!!

 
At September 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

also, we are creepily alike, your about me blurb makes me smile.

 
At September 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

What a darling idea! I'll be sure to check out their blog.

Umm, I can't believe you're on the front page of Wishpot! OMG!!!!

 
At September 10, 2010 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

New photo = gorgeous <3

 
At September 10, 2010 at 7:29 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

Hmmp that is such an interesting thing to do...would love to join...will check it out later!!!!

And the site is really nice...love the idea...

Kisses
love
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At September 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Congrats on being a fashion expert, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 10, 2010 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Reyna @reynasblogxo said...

Congrats Casee!! You won my giveaway!!

http://fashionmistxoxo.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway-winner.html

 
At September 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

This idea for Thursday nights is excellent, and it reminds me of the dinner parties that me and my friends (guys and girls) used to throw on a weekly basis, pretty much, back in college. Being new in town I don't have any new girl friends yet, but as soon as I do I'll make sure to start my own Thursday dinner tradition!! Thanks for the links, as usual they are fantastic Casee!!! XX

 
At September 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Kirstin said...

Congrats on being a "Fashion Expert"! I will be sure to check the website to look for you!
I tagged you in a questionnare on my blog!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

 
At September 15, 2010 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Ashleigh said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm such a fan of dinner parties (any excuse to gather, eat and relax!) I would love to do this but Thursdays are the worst traffic night of the week for some reason! Maybe I'll start Saturday Suppers :)

 
At September 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome news. :)

And thanks so much for sharing this website! Definitely going to read quite a few pages! :)

 
At October 7, 2010 at 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ireally like the new pics. And of course thursday night is the best day to have eiffel tower dinner.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home