This Page

has been moved to new address

do you love oohilove?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: do you love oohilove?

07 October 2010

do you love oohilove?


Once in a while a great secret comes along and you just can't keep it to yourself. I made an account at oohilove several months ago, back when I first dipped my feet into the world of online sample sales and designer auctions. Making the account was as far as I got, though. Somewhere between the Hautelooks and the Modniques little oohilove got lost. I finally acknowledged the Facebook ads I had been seeing and yesterday I went over to explore. Oh. My. Goodness. Oohilove isn't a sample sale website, it's an auction website, like a designers-only version of eBay only infinitely better. It took me a little while to understand how it works, but I'll do my best to explain it...

Just like you buy gambling chips at a casino, members first buy Bid Packs. Bid Packs range from $29.99 for 30 Bids all the way up to $792.00 for 800 Bids. After buying a Bid Pack members can proceed to the auctions and place their Bids, each one worth $0.99. With every Bid placed the auction price increases by $0.02 and the timer gains a few seconds. Confused? Don't worry, so was I. Their frequently asked questions is a big help. What it all comes down to is this: some lucky soul managed to win a pair of nude Christian Louboutin pumps for under. fifteen. dollars. That actually happened! Just yesterday a Louis Vuitton wallet and a pair of RayBan Wayfarers (dream sunnies!) both went for 95% off - that's about $12 and $3, respectfully. Now not everybody gets these deals, obviously. The majority of them seem to be anywhere from 60% to 80% off - still a really fantastic price on a designer item.

Now for myself, I’m not a gambler. I’m the opposite of a gambler. I play it safe and avoid any and all risks. The question is, do I want that Gucci bag or that Louis Vuitton wallet or those Louboutin pumps badly enough to grow some risk-taking skills? One thing I think is fantastic - nobody loses! If you don't win an item at auction you get two Love Dollars for every Bid you placed and those Love Dollars can go toward purchases in the oohilove Trunk Show. So say you spent $30 on Bids and used all those Bids on an auction, but you didn't win. You'll get $60 to spend in the Trunk Show! Not a bad way to lose, right?

If I didn't explain it well, looking around the site and reading their literature really helps to understand the process. And if you join through my invitation link and buy a Bid Pack you'll automatically get 10 free Bids! And so will I! Hint, hint. ;)

If any of you are already members, what do you think of the site? Have you won anything?

Labels:

14 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

It sounds amazing, but I have a question. How do we know these items are the real things?

 
At October 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Casee Marie said...

@Jen Good question! It's BBB accredited and was featured on CBS, in The Huffington Post and in CosmoGirl. I'm pretty sure the money generated through Bid Pack purchases goes to the cost of each product. The FAQ has more details (:

 
At October 7, 2010 at 8:47 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

Interesting!
I've never heard of the site, but it could be fun. I'm not really a gambler myself, but I do love getting a good deal!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At October 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

i feel that facebook knows everything cool about shopping and clothes and vintage. i found modcloth and ruche through fb! haven't checked this out yet, but sounds interesting..

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:04 AM , Blogger this free bird said...

Casee I've never heard of this! I'm going to click through your link and check it out. Thanks!

xoxo,
Carrie

 
At October 8, 2010 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi Casee, this is an interesting post! you gambler you ;D I might check this out, never heard of it before. Seriously, there are so many gadjets etc that we don`t really have in Norway, it`s sort of simpler over here, for better or worse. Which reminds me, I saw an advert for a cellphone that is good for making calls with, LOL. It was aimed at elderly people. :))))

hugs, Anika

 
At October 8, 2010 at 3:54 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

wow, that`s amazing! but unfortunately I`m so unlucky, I never win anything hahah. xx

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Can't wait to check it out!

xoxox,
CC

 
At October 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm a wee bit confused, but intrigued enough to try to understand it!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually been to OohILove before, and once I found out that it's like gambling (which I hate, lol) I never went back. I can't justify putting out the money to purchase a bidpack and then what if I win nothing? lol I'm like that! But they do have nice items. Maybe, one day, I'll take the plunge!

 
At October 9, 2010 at 4:05 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

WOW!!! this is wonderful Casee...can you give me an invitation...this sounds wonderful hehehe...

Thanks for sharing dear!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At October 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

I tried this site out a few months back and gave up after I noticed I was spending a lot and winning nada. If you are extremely competitive (me) it can be bad, because you hate to give up when you really should!

That being said, it looks like they've changed things a bit (Love dollars are new). Maybe I'll try it again (unfortunately I aleady have an account, but thanks for the reminder/new info!)

 
At October 13, 2010 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Thanks Casee for this tip! When things improve in my financial horizon (ehem :D) I'm SO going there! It sounds so incredible. Just the thought of 15 USD Louboutins made my eyes gleam! XX B.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, really want to know how can you be that smart, lol...great read, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home