This Page

has been moved to new address

inspiration and a blog award

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: inspiration and a blog award

27 September 2010

inspiration and a blog award


(image credit)
Beauty, the world seemed to say. And as if to prove it (scientifically) wherever he looked at the houses, at the railings, at the antelopes stretching over the palings, beauty sprang instantly. To watch a leaf quivering in the rush of air was an exquisite joy. Up in the sky swallows swooping, swerving, flinging themselves in and out, round and round, yet always with perfect control as if elastics held them; and the flies rising and falling; and the sun spotting now this leaf, now that, in mockery, dazzling it with soft gold in pure good temper; and now again some chime (it might be a motor horn) tinkling divinely on the grass stalks—all of this, calm and reasonable as it was, made out of ordinary things as it was, was the truth now; beauty, that was the truth now. Beauty was everywhere. - Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dallaway

Stunning, no? Virigina Woolf is such a monumental inspiration to me as a writer.

I spent a good portion of my weekend trying to spiff up my little blog's layout. What do you think? I hope it's not too crowded. I was bored with the sidebar and wanted to try something new. I'm not yet finished so pardon some of the lesser aesthetics, like the navigation tabs being all shifted to the side like so. I'm hoping to do an overhaul of my labels and pages sometime this week.

My dear Jen gave me the Blog with Substance Award. Thanks again, love!


- Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five words.
- Pass this on to ten other bloggers that you feel have a substance in their blogs.


Five words could be difficult, but we'll go with... beauty, kindness, imagination, comfort, intellect. I think those words do well to describe what I'd like to convey with this blog, but also the people I've met and the blogs I read.

I'm going to cheat a bit here. I won't be passing the award on to ten other bloggers; I read so many spectacular blogs (check my blogroll for the full list), but when I saw this award, thought about the meaning of it, there was one blog in particular that came jumping to mind. I'd love to pass the award on to the lovely Berenice of ArtFashion. Reading her blog has been such a breathtaking experience for me. With each entry she stimulates and educates her readers, taking them into the depths of art as she sees it, with all its darkness and honesty. Fashion, film, music, writing, visual arts are all things she's passionate about and she has such a great understanding of the meaning behind them. It's beyond fascinating. Bere is a deep thinker, a fearless dreamer and just about the kindest gal I've ever met. If you're not following her blog yet I really can't urge you enough to get over to ArtFashion and see the kind of reading experiences that have been missing from your life!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At September 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Reyna @reynasblogxo said...

That photo is so beautiful(:

 
At September 27, 2010 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous pic and quote!
Congrats on your award, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a breathtaking exceprt from Virginia Woolf! While reading it, I could picture in my head what she was describing. I had never read anything by her before, but I want to now!

Congrats on the blog award! You deserve it. You are a big inspiration to me. I had no idea you were into writing before this though!! :)

I will definitely be checking out the ArtFashion blog.

 
At September 27, 2010 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Miss M. said...

Congrats on your award ;)

 
At September 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

I love that piece by Virginia Wolf thanks for sharing it! The picture you chose compliments it beautifully.

I like what you've done with the sidebar. Funny, I was just working on mine next week. I think it's hilarious how we both are never done with how our projects look. We're always evaluating but I think it's a great thing!

I will definitely check out her blog! It sounds fantastic!

 
At September 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Congratulations on another award, well deserved!!
The new layout looks great xo

 
At September 28, 2010 at 2:55 AM , Blogger Giovanna said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing :) and congrats on your award!
xoxo
Giovanna
Boho Market Blog

 
At September 28, 2010 at 4:52 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

Congrats on your award dear. You truly deserve it.xx

 
At September 28, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Woolf, too. Especially, "The Voyage Out." Wonderful pic...

 
At September 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your blog looks like the blooming spring!! Very beautiful. I just started reading a Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf, she was such an amazing woman!

Lots of love from http://queendom-of-fashion.blogspot.com

 
At September 28, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

love mrs. dalloway <3 and the picture pairing is sublime.

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Dearest Casee,
First things first: CONGRATULATIONS on another much deserved award!! Your blog is an inspiration and a haven for me. To your five words, I would add two more: CLASSY and ELEGANT.
Second: there are no words to manifest my gratitude towards you for bestowing upon me such admiration, praise and support. As I told you once, things are a bit difficult in my life at the moment, so blogging has proven to be an amazing, unique way to reach out to like-minded persons and has also become a channel for expressing my thoughts, my passions and everything that matters to me. I find such joy in knowing that some people appreciate my opinions and value my efforts, extending their friendship towards me in a completely generous way. What I'm trying to say here, I suppose, is THANKS. THANKS SO MUCH.
Your greatness has only just begun. I send you a big, big hug :)))

 
At September 28, 2010 at 7:52 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

ah as a coincidence i just went to the library and got mrs dalloway! I have never actually read it.
you completely deserve this award! xx

 
At September 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM , Blogger LyddieGal said...

There is so much beauty in the world, I think we all need to step back and appreciate it more often.
congrats on the award!!

Chic on the Cheap

 
At September 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM , Blogger angela said...

Congrats on the award!
I think your blog definitely lives up to the five words you gave.
Thanks for introducing me to your friend, Berenice's blog! Lately I've been hoping to learn more about art and the meaning behind art, so this is fantastic. I'll definitely be spending a good amount of time over there :)

 
At September 29, 2010 at 4:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's an amazing photo!

 
At September 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Can't wait to check out your blog rec. She sounds fabulous!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Beautifully Invisible said...

I'm late, but congrats on the award. I love the photo and quote you picked, and thank you for the intro to ArtFashion. What a great site!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home