This Page

has been moved to new address

wishpot wednesday: miss selfridge and b makowsky

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: wishpot wednesday: miss selfridge and b makowsky

29 September 2010

wishpot wednesday: miss selfridge and b makowsky

Hello, lovelies! This week (and always) I'm crazy about Miss Selfridge. I wish we had a little dress shop here in the States just like it. Lucky for us, there's such a thing as online shopping!



Stone Ditsy Mix Dress; £38, MissSelfridge.com
Adore the lace sleeves and the overall shape of this dress. Wouldn't it be darling with black tights and little ballet flats? I love the neckline, too, which allows for lots of jewelry options. Dresses like this with layered necklaces are always so charming to me.



Purple Long Sleeve Lace Dress; £45, MissSelfridge.com
This print is so cute! I've always been a fan of empire waists (even when they're not in vogue) because they're ultimately flattering and always a little reminiscent of Jane Austen. I always say my love of fashion usually goes with my love of history! Love the detailing on the bottom and the sleeves as well.



Pink Cobweb Snood; £16, MissSelfridge.com
Who doesn't want a snood?! I'm enthralled by these (and also those eternity scarves) as I've never worn anything like it. I love my scarves and I tie them all different ways. It would be fun to play around with a snood. Plus, the color is divine and it looks utterly like the height of comfort!



B. Makowsky Sindy Pump in Tobacco Leather; $143, Zappos.com
These shoes! It's no secret that I'm Bruce Makowsky's biggest little fan so it's only a matter of time before my Wishpot lists become B. Makowsky central. His lovely shoes and bags are featured on QVC occasionally (confession: I DVR'd his recent shoe collection. Shameless!) but I didn't happen to see these ditties on the air so when I happened across them on Zappos it was right into the ol' Wishpot. How darling are they? I love the studs and flower details. I also have a slight problem - I love all the colors they come in! Black, taupe, natural and of course the tobacco. How does one choose?!



Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit: A Son Remembers by Sean Hepburn Ferrer
I'm not sure if this book is still in print, but I've wanted it since it was first published. Sean is so passionate about preserving the memory and spirit of his amazing mother; I can only imagine how wonderful a portrait he paints of her in this book.


I hope you enjoyed this week's Wishpot Wednesday! Did you happen across anything this week you're itching to have? I'd love to hear about it.

Oh, and I've finally done it...you can now follow The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower on Facebook! Thanks so much to Bere and Chloe for joining before I even started promoting it! You gals are too marvelous.
_______________________________

Wishpot.com is an easy-to-use site that lets you create an online wishlist from products you find all over the web. A button added on to your browser lets you add to your Wishpot as you shop. Check it out, and feel free to add me as a friend!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At September 29, 2010 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful...love Audrey..saw her exhibit her in Berlin a while ago! and really great selection of fashion! love the cute scarf! xoxo

 
At September 29, 2010 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

The first dress is SO my style! I actually had a very similar one made for a play I took part in when I was in my last year of middle school :), but I gave it away years ago - it no longer fit :D. Empire lines are incredible, so feminine and elegant, and of course very Austen-y ;)
Hehehe Chloe and myself must have been mentally tuned into your channel, because I had the sudden inspiration to look for your page on Facebook. I felt bad that I hadn't already liked it, I had no idea you'd just created it!
Much love as always, it's a pleasure reading you my friend! :)
XX B.

 
At September 29, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Love everything and I joined your Facebook page, of course :)

So, I got this black top at Target the other day on clearance that has lace sleeves. The first dress reminded me of it. Beautiful!

Love ya!

 
At September 29, 2010 at 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the second dress, I'm adding that to my Wishpot! You always have such lovely finds for your Wednesday Wishpot posts. :)

I have been dying for the Malt Shoppe Scarf at ModCloth, but it's currently out of stock :(

 
At September 29, 2010 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Julia said...

Those dresses are just gorgeous!
And that book is one I'd like to add to my collection too

 
At September 29, 2010 at 7:28 PM , Anonymous OutOfWonerland said...

In LOVE with those shoes!
....and with your blog!
Keep it up girl.

 
At September 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Fabulously Lazy said...

That first dress is soo adorable!

 
At September 29, 2010 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Ali Hval said...

I love that circle scarf.. always wanted a scarf like that, they look so fun!

 
At September 29, 2010 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

The second dress and the scarf are incredible. I love this blog of yours and thank you for your sweet comment on mine. XO!!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Blogger m.fay said...

oh audrey, what a doll. love the first dress. i am always a fan of lace and black dresses that you can fancy up.

m.fay
http://www.amateurcouture.com

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely pieces!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first dress is lovely!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I need that audrey book!! love your wishpot casee

 
At September 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am in love with Audrey, she always has an calm and elegant charme!!
Beautiful dresses, too.

Lots of love from http://queendom-of-fashion.blogspot.com/

 
At October 1, 2010 at 2:40 AM , Blogger Kirstin said...

I saw this book a few years ago, it has such beautiful pictures!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

 
At October 1, 2010 at 2:41 AM , Blogger Kirstin said...

I saw this book a few years ago, it has such beautiful pictures!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

 
At October 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

I absolutely adore Miss Selfridge. They have the most gorgeous clothes and I've had my eye on this skirt with bows on it for a long time.

I have that Audrey book!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 12:25 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

followed you already in Facebook...

Audrey Hepburn is love...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home