This Page

has been moved to new address

kathy flats and weekend reads

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: kathy flats and weekend reads

15 October 2010

kathy flats and weekend reads



My new Kathy Van Zeeland flats! I'm a huge Kathy fan, I have at least five of her handbags, so of course I was thrilled when she launched a line of shoes. I was surprised (delighted, ecstatic, etc.) to find these darling little things at Marshalls on Wednesday - and equally delighted, ecstatic, etc. when my lovely mom bought them for me! I wore them today for our Barnes-and-Noble-and-Pumpkin-Spice-Lattes outing which we weren't able to fit into our Wednesday plan. We spent at least two hours there looking at books - it was quite divine.

I'm behind in my blog reading this week, for which I'm terribly sorry - I love reading my blogroll! - but here are a few (okay, quite a few) posts I enjoyed over the week...

• A Spot of Whimsy did a marvelous post about Neil Gaiman's books, all of which I want to read.
• Following Kendra's adventures in London has been terrific escapist fun for my Anglophile self.
• Britta of Forelsket is reading Pride and Prejudice and sharing her thoughts, love it.
• Everyone loves Florence + the Machine; iloveyouvalentine muses on the meaning of Cosmic Love.
• Great bold make-up at designer Yves Camingue's SCUAVE, thanks to Sweet of Pens and Lens!
• Kendra also wrote a fabulous piece about Michael Redgrave at her Vivien & Larry Blog.
• She's also doing a 30 Days of Vivien Leigh meme, so be sure to follow that.
• A trip to Italy via Fairy Tales are True and the lovely Letters to Juliet.
• Do blondes have more fun? Cafe Bellini ponders the idea, and shares a rather interesting map.
• The Layered Pancake's beautiful post on masquerades left me singing Phantom of the Opera, ha!
• Given the above picture, obviously I loved Jen's fabulous post about flats on Her Waise Choice!
• City Girl Diaries (EC1) talks about one of my favorite Frenchmen, the remarkable Guillaume Canet.
• Absolutely adore thee Halloween-themed Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.
Polaroid Coasters at Daydream Lily, what's not to love about that idea?
Smitten Kitchen's Roasted Eggplant Soup looks utterly divine and perfect for the season.
• The English Muse posted about The Secret Writings of Marilyn Monroe. I definitely want that book!
• My dear friend and SHE co-writer Jen posted about You've Got Mail on her personal blog. Favorite!
• Lots of spectacular Mexican art and culture in ArtFashion's weekly MegaLove.

And here are a few quick links outside of the blogosphere that I wanted to share as well...
• My awesome friend Cindy made a lovely October mix, which you can listen to right here on 8tracks.
• The new issue of Lonny Magazine is out and absolutely gorgeous-looking.
• Shameless self-appreciation: Independent Fashion Bloggers included my guest post for Beautifully Invisible in their weekly link round-up!

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At October 16, 2010 at 12:17 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Oh honey, many congrats on making the IFB-list! so well done! you are a wonderful blogger in every way :) thanks for all of these links, look forward to reading them. So many blogs, so little time! I always make time for yours though :) have a lovely saturday :)

 
At October 16, 2010 at 1:45 AM , Blogger Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

can I just say, what a fab list! Have been reading all the links on this very early saturday morning, coffee in hand, enjoying a peaceful and happy moment. thanks so mcuh hon. <3

 
At October 16, 2010 at 1:51 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

Um, I love you just so you know. Seriously. I'll have to look over these links in the morning. :)

 
At October 16, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Kendra said...

Aww, you're sweet, thanks for mentioning my blogs, and I'll definitely be checking out the rest of these links!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM , Blogger smatterings said...

thanks for letting me know about the post on The Secret Writing of Marilyn Monroe! definitely want to check that out!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, so many goodies to read about and yes, did I hear Pancakes, haha! xoxo

 
At October 16, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger minnja said...

Thanks for sharing! I love it!

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

Kisses
minnja

 
At October 16, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Anonymous sweet said...

Casee love...I love the shoes...they are so adorable...

love the leopard print inside it...and the studs...

we are on the same page right now just loving flat and comfortable shoes...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At October 16, 2010 at 5:28 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhh, I totally need to hit up Marshall's. I haven't been there in forever! LOVE your flats!

 
At October 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the IFB-list! How exciting :) I love those flats, they're so cute! I have one bag from her, and sadly the inside pocket tore. Wait - I'm lying - I just remembered I got a pink and brown bag by her a month ago from Ross! It was a steal - $12.99!

And don't worry, I'm behind on EVERYTHING right now! lol

 
At October 16, 2010 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Oh my goodness, those shoes are so cute! What a sweet mom you have :)

Jason and I easily can spend so long in a bookstore! There are so many different sections to look through and the sale sections are always fun!

Wow, so many lovely links to look through and I see you added one of mine. You're so sweet. Thank you dear :)

 
At October 17, 2010 at 7:36 AM , Blogger m.fay said...

cute shoes!!!

good list of reads. i always try to spend as much time reading as i do writing. i believe its what makes you a better writer. xoxo

m.fay
http://www.amateurcouture.com

 
At October 17, 2010 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Cassandra Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, those shoes are amazing and I am so jealous! I love your blog, its awesome and the name is so creative! Keep up the good work:) and thanks for the constant support on my pictures!:)

 
At October 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Oh dear, I'm in Love (capital L!) with your KVZ flats, they're to-die-for! I bet they look gorgeous on you. When I read about your perfect afternoon outing - which is also MY idea of a perfect afternoon outing, being a coffee/book freak lol - I almost melted. Thanks so much darling for linking to my MegaLove!! You're the best and classiest friend ever!
XX B. ;)

 
At October 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your Weekend Reads posts. I like surfing blogs on a Sunday afternoon and I'm always looking for new ones.

 
At October 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM , Blogger carmen said...

Love the flats! Found you through the rosebud network now following your lovely blog.

 
At October 19, 2010 at 6:07 AM , Blogger FASHIONISMYWAY by Cristina L said...

Cool shoes ;DD REally, i'll check it on KathyVanZeeland of my city ;D

 
At October 19, 2010 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Toni. said...

Those flats are gorgeous. I think I would like a pair.

http://snazzyarentwe.blogspot.com

 
At October 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

I love these blog posts! Off to check out the links. :)

 
At October 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Camilla said...

I'm so weird, it took me forever just to like flats in general. Those are lovely. Looking at books, sounds truly divine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home