This Page

has been moved to new address

blogger's block, sean stiegemeier and a guest post

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: blogger's block, sean stiegemeier and a guest post

12 October 2010

blogger's block, sean stiegemeier and a guest post

Have you ever had an "off" blogging day when you can't seem to come up with a scratch of creative content nor the ability to write even a moderately entertaining post? I never post out of obligation, but sometimes my desire to blog doesn't coincide with my ability. Shall we call this Blogger's Block? When I'm in a rut like that I Stumble. I'm hooked on Stumbling! There never seems to be a lack of inspiration out there on the web, and it doesn't take long for me to Stumble upon something that I can't wait to share.










Sean Stiegemeier is the creator of music videos unlike any I've seen before. His quiet genius behind a camera is nothing short of astounding. He must have some sort of spiritual connection to nature because somehow his videos reacquaint you with the beauty of this wonderful planet. These pictures barely do his videos justice.


Stomacher - Untitled/Dark Divider

This video was created for the band Stomacher, whose music seems to be the perfect audio companion to Sean Stiegemeier's fascinating imagery. If you like the song, Stomacher is offering their album free for download over here! Also check out Sean Stiegemeier's other videos on his Vimeo account, especially Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 which pairs more stunning landscape time-lapse footage with the ethereal music of Jónsi.

While we're somewhat on the topic of photography here, I'm so excited to share this next link with you: I was invited to do a guest post at one of my favorite blogs, Beautifully Invisible! It's just a little bit of me going on (and on and on) about why I love fashion photography and the photographers who capture my interest the most. If you're not yet following Beautifully Invisible I can only tell you to hurry up and remedy that. Her blog is so insightful, educating and always a fantastic experience. I still can't believe she let me do a post!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At October 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Britta Kirk said...

I'll def be checking that band out! I love awesome cinematographers! And I adore Sigur Ros, where Jonsi's from, as well as other music of the sort! Its simply lovely to create to!

Congrats on the guest post as well! Great work!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM , Blogger minnja said...

LOVING THE PICTURES

http://minnja.blogspot.com/

xoxo
minnja

 
At October 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Blogger diane @ a spot of whimsy said...

well i wouldn't have been able to tell from those gorgeous images that you were going thru blogger's block at all!

i absolutely deal with it from time-to-time as well. i usually go to pinterest, or rummage through my boxes of random articles/photos/things until i come across something that sparks an idea!

 
At October 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! They are all so inspiring. I confess, I've become somewhat addicted to stumbling too!

I'm off to read that guest post of yours! :)

 
At October 12, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

Such gorgeous photos! I haven't really got hooked into Stumbling. In fact, I've only used it once or twice.

So happy about your guest post! I'll be reading it soon!

 
At October 13, 2010 at 5:07 AM , Blogger ching said...

thanks for the link. i'll check out the site. amazing photos.

 
At October 13, 2010 at 9:06 AM , Blogger GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

Great tip for getting past Blogger's Block! I know you don't post out of obligation, but for what it's worth, we ALL get burned out from time to time. Best thing to do is not post and not worry about it. In fact, sometimes a little 24-48 computer hiatus is really good for unblocking one's creativity!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

 
At October 13, 2010 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous sweet said...

Great post Casee...and I did love the video...especially the music...it is soft and smoothing at first I was in doubt because there was no music at all..hahahah it was in fact the introduction of the video..silly me!!!!

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

 
At October 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

Oh dear! Those images are unreal...So stunning. Stiegemeier is such a talent. Stomacher is also a great band, the vocals remind me a little of Thom Yorke's (Radiohead) but with a more 'American' feel? I'll find out more about them. It's music to relax to. Thanks so much for sharing your discoveries with us :)) XX B.

 
At October 15, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

Stumbleupon is AMAZING. I really should download the toolbar for this computer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home