This Page

has been moved to new address

little book of quotes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower: little book of quotes

19 October 2010

little book of quotes


My mom recently gave me this little Paris notebook to keep my favorite quotes in! Isn't it cute? I mentioned a few of my favorite quotes before, but here are some others...

"Keep me up till five only because all your stars
are out, and for no other reason."

- J.D. Salinger (Seymour: An Introduction)

"Every portrait that is painted with feeling
is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter."

- Oscar Wilde

"We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we
would attend to it, than any other person can be."

- Jane Austen (Mansfield Park)

"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you.
And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."

- Neil Gaiman

"I realize that most of us live on the skin - on the surface - without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all."
- Audrey Hepburn

"Remember, remember. This is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted"
- Sylvia Plath

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
- Lao Tzu


If you have any favorites I'd love to know them. I always enjoy finding new quotes. They can be so inspiring, and I often find myself remembering them right when I need them. I'm excited to fill up the notebook, but also a little nervous because my handwriting is...well, quite bad, really. Ha!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At October 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Britta Kirk said...

Beautiful book! Im in love with the J.D. Salinger quote. I've never read any of his work, what can you recommend?

 
At October 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Jenmarie said...

The notebook is so cute! I think whenever I last posted quotes on my blog we talked about having a notebook for our favorite quotes. It's such a perfect idea, because then you'll know that they'll always be there.

Now it's my turn to get one!

 
At October 19, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger thelayeredpancake said...

oh i too have a really pretty book of quotations, its made from handmade quotations.
the only thing about pretty quotation books is that you have to take time to make your handwriting look extra pretty, otherwise it just doesn't "go".

 
At October 19, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger diane @ a spot of whimsy said...

i'm totally in love with quotes and these are are some excellent additions! thanks for sharing, as always :)

 
At October 19, 2010 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Camilla said...

That is one gorgeous notebook. Thank you for sharing some of your favourites. Speaking of handwriting, I can't remember if I have seen yours before? I might have, on lj? My handwriting is sloppy, baby.

So doing the notebook quote thing. But then I need a new notebook first. :)

 
At October 19, 2010 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want your notebook! I love notebooks and anything to do with Paris or the Eiffel Tower. I need to dedicate a book just to quotes. And you gave me a bunch of new ones I'd never heard before !:)

 
At October 20, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Anonymous sweet said...

Casee dear...I love the gif image and the quotes really inspiring...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Please support my L'Oreal post
leave a comment on the post and click like.
L'Oreal 50x more

 
At October 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Fantastic quotes, darling!

My fave (author unknown):
Everything will be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

xoxox,
CC

 
At October 20, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger xxyy said...

I`ve been seaching for Sylvia`s Plath book for so long. Hope I`ll find it on ebay. The notebook is lovely, who doesn`t love Paris?xx

 
At October 20, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I just love that last one especially. Sage words of advice indeed!

 
At October 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Bere Parra said...

All of these quotes are so moving and inspiring! The little "quote notebook" your mom gave you is perfect for you :)). It's a very cool idea to keep all quotes together in one place. My mother does that but on a Word file on her laptop. I have too many favorite quotes (specially from songs), but this one comes to mind: Our lives teach us who we are. It's by Salman Rushdie. :))

 
At October 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Holly Knitlightly said...

That notebook is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see pages filled with quotes. :)

 
At October 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM , Blogger magicwithgenny said...

I love this! I'm definitely going to have to add a few to my own quote book!

 
At October 23, 2010 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

these quotes are absolutely beautiful. neil gaiman especially has a way of taking my breath away.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home